• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Soft-top rear window

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Ok,

Don’t laugh or poke fun :eek: but I would like to know if anyone has ever cut out the rear window in their soft-top and installed new plastic in its place?:rolleyes:

I have access to a good amount of clear UV protected plastic window material and would love to know if anyone knows of good glue that would work?

It looks as if the original window is glued to the surface and I can’t see why it wouldn’t be possible to install a new one in the same manner.:confused:

Regards,
Andrew

alpine_64

Donation Time
Andrew the windows are heat selaed in, a good trim shop can do this for you.. or possibly even sew it in as per a fabric top.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Some convertibles have a zipper closure on the rear window, for quick max ventilation. A good boat canvas shop could do that for you. They might want the top off to do it, though.

Ken