• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Soft top metal cover panel Series 3

davida4speed

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm looking for the large center soft top cover panel as well as the the latching system to fit a Mk 1 Tiger. I live near Sacramento California. Thanks for any help.

SDPhil

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm looking for the large center soft top cover panel as well as the the latching system to fit a Mk 1 Tiger. I live near Sacramento California. Thanks for any help.
I also have a soft top center cover I aquired for free. It doesn't have the latches, just the metal cover part. I'm willing to give it to you for free, if you just pay for shipping.

davida4speed

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. In my heading I stated Series 3, but a friend told me the MK1 Tiger is based on a Series 4 and 5 so I hope that is what it is. So my next question is does it have any damage or rust? I could probable source a latch somewhere. So if it is in good condition Ill take it. One concern is risk of damage in shipping, so how do you think it should be packaged/crated? Cost is secondary as the purchase price is real good! The other possibility is as I go down to Riverside from time to time, I cold pick it up. My preference would have it shipped. Thanks for your help to keeping another Sunbeam going.

Dave.

alpine_64

Donation Time
So you are aware.. A Tiger MKI will have commonality with the SIV spec alpine.. The mkia has comonaloty with a sV.

The SV amd Mkia do not use the metal covers for the top.

The offer of a free rear panel is very kind, the latches are able to be found.. But likely someone will have to take off a spare panel.. So they will probably charge you for the whole thing as wothout latches they are not that useful.

The rear panels are often dented on the horizintal plane from people leaning on them.. Make sure you get it level and test fit it with side panels to avoid gouging the side trims on the side covers and so they all seat level with the body.

davida4speed

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi Mike,
Thank you for your information. A Friend of mine recently clued me in on the commonality of Mk1 and Alpines. I have seen the side panels gouged before, but didn't know how it had happened, so I'll be sure to check the fit and adjust if needed. Thanks for your advise. I'll be restoring my car over the next few years as a retirement project. I'm getting a shop built right now.

Dave.

SDPhil

Silver Level Sponsor
Shoot me your email and I'll send some photos. It's in good condition, just needs a good sand.

I'll make sure it's packaged appropriately.

Phil

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. In my heading I stated Series 3, but a friend told me the MK1 Tiger is based on a Series 4 and 5 so I hope that is what it is. So my next question is does it have any damage or rust? I could probable source a latch somewhere. So if it is in good condition Ill take it. One concern is risk of damage in shipping, so how do you think it should be packaged/crated? Cost is secondary as the purchase price is real good! The other possibility is as I go down to Riverside from time to time, I cold pick it up. My preference would have it shipped. Thanks for your help to keeping another Sunbeam going.

Dave.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I also have a soft top center cover I aquired for free. It doesn't have the latches, just the metal cover part. I'm willing to give it to you for free, if you just pay for shipping.

WOW. wish I saw this long before this ! If you , Or ANYONE else has one, for a series 3 '63, I need one. be alot easir than trying to make one . LOL. Thanks for looking