• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

So yeah, "Other Discoveries" about covers it...

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ken
Jim Simpson is a remarkable designer/craftsman. Simpson assisted me in the Mark I Lyrad (first two photos) body transformation to a Mark II. The 1967 Lyrad was configured from a 1960 Series I Sunbeam Alpine replacing the front clip with a Lotus 19 front section. I replaced the original Alpine suspension with a first generation Miata setup sporting a torsen rear end. The Lyrad will retain the original Jaguar engine/od/trans.

Attachments

• LD Driver side resized_edited-1.jpg
    LD Driver side resized_edited-1.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 48
  • LD Rear.jpg
    LD Rear.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Lyrad vents.jpg
    Lyrad vents.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Lyrad Vents2.jpg
    Lyrad Vents2.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Lyrad Vents3.jpg
    Lyrad Vents3.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 43

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jdoc, I am interested in seeing how you modified your hood hinges and radiator connections ! Do you have any pictures of your work in this area?

Did you perchance move the radiator forward? If so, How much?

Did it require any additional structural modifications?

Looks to be a possible solution for one of my projects.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Send any PIC's to my E-mail please,

Attachments

• Jdoc Logan 's Lyrad vents.jpg
    Jdoc Logan 's Lyrad vents.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 27

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dan

Understand, the Lyrad's front section has no similarity to a Sunbeam. That being said, I fabricated a custom radiator bracket system similar to the original Mark I Lyrad to accommodate a Griffin radiator. I will see if I can come up with a photo for you.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Doc for any assistance. I am trying to come up with a bit more room/clearance without major structural rework.