• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

snapped windshield bolt

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
Has anyone out there broken off a windshield bolt on a series IV? If so, how were you able to fix it?? the right side rear one snapped off about half-way down while i was removing the nut.

Alpine66

Donation Time
If its like my V, it appears to be mild steel which should weld easily.
Best imo would be to remove the old bolt assembly and fab a new one, assuming that piece is not available.
Ive had to weld several fabbed pieces to the old steel in different spots on my car, it welds well.

if there is enough room, I suppose you could clean up the threads with a die and use a short threaded coupling and a piece of all thread or cut off bolt with some locktite.

One thing I don't know is if its hardened like a grade 5 or 8