• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Slow board

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Is the board slow for anyone else? It was fine for quite a while, now it ranges from slow to "I will make a pot of coffee while this is posting".

Not unusual for it to not even come up.

Bill

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
It was very slow yesterday as to be almost unusable but today it is better if not fully up to speed. I informed the Web Master yesterday.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Bill, a board does' not move. but I defrag my machine every day, and it does' help. Not had any problems for a long time, but now you mentioned it... It will happen. Lot like seeing a tow truck on the highway, right after you start a trip.
Chuck

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I've also noticed quite a slow down, even at work and they've got a super fast connection. I thought it was just the time of day, you know traffic jams, but I don't think that's the case.

Tom j

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill, a board does' not move. but I defrag my machine every day, and it does' help. Not had any problems for a long time, but now you mentioned it... It will happen. Lot like seeing a tow truck on the highway, right after you start a trip.
Chuck

Its not my machine. I check in on a couple of other boards, they are lightning fast. This was one was so so until recently. This afternoon I thought it was going to stop altogether. Right now, it is running about as good as it ever has.

Bill

64beam

Donation Time
That's a relief, I thought it was my computer. As with others, I have only had problems with this forum slowing down. It can get a bit frustrating when your trying to read posts. Does the server need a bit of a clean and tune up?

Regards, Robin.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I've had the same slowdown problem. I was under the impression that it happens when someone is accessing the admin type functions. I might be wrong. Like last evening about 10:48 edt.

sharong

Donation Time
Error 500 - Internal server error
An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.

comes up 3 or 4 times a day. Very slow most of the rest of the day.
Sharong

Jim E

Donation Time
Yeah I was good until a week or so ago, is better sometimes. Maybe we got put on a back up server

lgurley

Donation Time
so slow sometimes stops

It appears to be worse on the weekends. I thought it was due to the server being unable to handle the higher traffic. I'm glad it is not just me.