• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

slightly odd SII

alpine_64

Donation Time
This SII alpine on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150245400654&_trksid=p2759.l1259
is a nice presentable car, it also claims to be " not an original “as it left the factory†vehicle, nor has it had a major restoration."

I have some reservations about this car.. yes, its had a paint job in a different colour, and they have also painted the engine bay in black, but what puzzels me is that while the chassis number is a SII the windscreen and doors are from a SI car... Is it a SII with SI windscreen and doors.. or is it a re-titled SI? Any thoughts?

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
The car has a series 2 chassis number B91

The windshield and door post identify this as a series 1. Also the centre consule is series 1.

I would say that someone has changed data tags at one time.

napa 1

Donation Time
This car has been listed a couple of times. A few of us contacted the seller last time to let him know that the car was actually a series I, with a series II reg number?? Don't know what happened after that. Does look like a very nice series I though.