• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Single side DCOE?

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm not sure if this is the best place for this thread...

...and likely Old news...

Seams I have seen something like this before, but now I have a picture (car on CL)

Anyone have Info on this, including how well it works?

AlpineSingleDCOE.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't see the drivers side firewall to fender brace. That would not be good thing in my opinion.....

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan, it looks like it is there. It’s obscured by what appears to be throttle linkage and a hose.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Is that Bill A's Harrington? Wonder where it is now. No body side brace on it either. Where do you get a single DCOE manifold? 40 or 45 required for an Alpine?

alpine_64

Donation Time
The photo of the polished single dcoe manifold is Bill Atallas siv race car build.

The manifold is the Australian LYNX manifold. It was made for both vertical and upright rootes engines. It was a popular mod here for performance over the usual dgv single setup.

LYNX have it on backorder.. Propbably wanting a group by to recast.

The manifold is has a flaw as it has an unequal length runner that always causes an issue somwhere in the rev range depending how you tune it... For racing less of an issue.

The racer bill had when he bought it ( was a red siv FP car) had a home made single DCOE manifold that was probably a better design.. Basically 2 x curved Y pipes coming off the weber mounting face.

65beam

Donation Time
Is that Bill A's Harrington? Wonder where it is now. No body side brace on it either. Where do you get a single DCOE manifold? 40 or 45 required for an Alpine?
Eric,
Yes. it 's the one Bill had. I took this photo along with several of Bill's other cars ( Harrington and the Tiger GT ) when Dan and I were at his house. 100_0601.JPG 100_0607.JPG The workmanship of his cars was superb.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bob.. The engine bay photos you show with the single sidedraft are bills siv racer NOT his Harrington.

Clearly that photo shows the late series style cooling system without seperate header tank and Bill's harrington had 2 x dcoe a heat shield for the headers and chromed and curved scuttle braces.

61_Sunbeam_Harrington_Alpine_DV_05_Amelia_02-800.jpg

65beam

Donation Time
Bob.. The engine bay photos you show with the single sidedraft are bills siv racer NOT his Harrington.

Clearly that photo shows the late series style cooling system without seperate header tank and Bill's harrington had 2 x dcoe a heat shield for the headers and chromed and curved scuttle braces.

61_Sunbeam_Harrington_Alpine_DV_05_Amelia_02-800.jpg
Michael, It was late and I'm old but "Those that make no mistakes have done nothing". Or we try to multi task. Or someone has to fact check. Fact checking is common in todays world. Have you ever checked out the photos of my cars on conceptcarz? Anyway, I made a mistake and that shows I'm human. We do have a car that we bought from Bill. I wonder where Bill's Harrington is now. Hasn't it changed ownership a couple times?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bill's Harrington is still stateside was bought at an auction by the house a couple years back... Was discussed on the forum ...

Bob.. By the rationale of your quote you have done LOTS of things ;)

65beam

Donation Time
Bill's Harrington is still stateside was bought at an auction by the house a couple years back... Was discussed on the forum ...

Bob.. By the rationale of your quote you have done LOTS of things ;)
Michael,
I'm not being critical of your comment but the facts are that I'm a BABY BOOMER that has lived thru and done things your generation would never think of. I have done lots of things that someone like yourself that lives 10K miles from me wouldn't know about. There wasn't a thing called the internet in those years. Those that know me can tell you that I never stop. The facts are that are I'm retired, still sell for the same company and own a business of my own. I used to have a favorite saying when in my late 20's. NO WIFE, NO KIDS, NO MORTGAGE. DON'T MESS WITH ME. I now have had a wife for a number of years. Everything else has remained the same. I just love making money. That has given me the ability to do a lot during my life time. Pick an item and ask me if I've ever done that and I'll probably have an answer for you.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Asking you questions about what youve done the answers would likely be no .... We get a bio of you and your life in most post (despite them being car questions) and your posts pretty much have outlined your life.. Not exactly worldly... But as you say you do it your way and live in the centre of your world.

But i could ask if making every car thread about you and yours makes you feel validated?

Glad you "love making money" good for you to have your priorities in life .

65beam

Donation Time
Michael,
FYI, I spent a lot of time Wednesday and Thursday cleaning and checking over the 69GT. The Mid Ohio Sports Car Course sent out an E Mail Monday evening telling season ticket and advance ticket holders that they had gotten the OK from the state to open the track to spectators. This is a weekend combo of the Trans Am and SVRA series. We'll be cruising the 69 around the grounds later today. Another Sunbeam adventure season begins. I was beginning to think Sunbeam season #55 wouldn't happen.

alpine_64

Donation Time
That seems very relevant to Dan's question about the LYNX single dcoe manifold...

Thanks for sharing your weekend plans with the forum it helps everyone social distance.. Virus or for other good reasons.. Should always keep a safe distance from some.

65beam

Donation Time
That seems very relevant to Dan's question about the LYNX single dcoe manifold...

Thanks for sharing your weekend plans with the forum it helps everyone social distance.. Virus or for other good reasons.. Should always keep a safe distance from some.
I think Dan has raced at Mid Ohio so he should know the course. There are many LBC owners in the area so I doubt that we'll be the only ones with a LBC. FYI, the county where the track sets has had a total of 83 cases since the state started keeping records, our county where I live has had a total of 6 cases. Do we use common sense?????

Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor

Michael, have you ever considered taking a break from your self appointed mission? The SAOCA approves of it.
Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Doing just fine, proudly setting in the garage like the royalty she is. We have decided that we are going to treat her like the car she and refrain from using her as a daily driver. We have not had her on the road since we got home. That has nothing to do with the oil leak.

Bill