• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Simplifying the hoses

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
2.6 v6 out of a Capri. I’m assuming this is the original style carb and the water in/out is used to control the choke. I live in sunny CA and I’ve lived without chokes on my classics, but I can’t say I’ve ever had a carb that used water flow to check the temperature. Can I simply bypass or will it Run with the choke on?
F5DA012E-BA42-483A-ADC7-5A667E225797.jpeg

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
Yea, don't see the choke being an issue. It exhibits the problem when fully warmed up. I'm out in CA and the choke is rarely needed.

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
I do. It is on the list of things to do, but right now I'm trying to get the car to go down the road.

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Chop out what is not needed!
I do have the hose barbs for a heater, but decluttering is a must!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4063.jpg
    IMG_4063.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 29