• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SII Steering colmn top felt bush

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Limey, Here is a PIC of the upper column in one of my SIV - SV steering units with the bushing and sleeve Bill Blue made for me. Works nicely! Fits beautifully!

May not be applicable to your Sunbeam!

Attachments

• EPS new bushing mounted.  Screw indicates a fix for the bearing retention 20180217_190036.jpg
    EPS new bushing mounted. Screw indicates a fix for the bearing retention 20180217_190036.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 26

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Bernd,

In my factory I have a big machine that can cut these felt collars (about 2000 an hour :D) I now have a sample from my UK felt company. I will test it for thickness and compression. And that it fits. Unfortunately it is just too small to make a complete one. If the test proves OK I will buy a couple of metres of material and make a few hundred. Stay posted...

IMG_2002.JPG

Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wow that is great. Didn't know that you are in manufacturing business ;).

If you need an original as reference pls. let me know. But would need it back...