• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SII Leaf Spring Rear Bushing Dim.'s

johnd

Donation Time
Does anybody happen to know the dimensions of the rear leaf spring bushing used on the SII? I see where SS does not carry them and I am looking for an alternate source. Thanks.

johnd

Donation Time
Yes - I see where Speedy Spares does list them but I thought I'd try to find a polyurethane replacement.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Mine are from Energy Suspension, I think they are from a Ford. Hopefully someone has the dimensions.

johnd

Donation Time
First - thank you for the responses. Second - SS actually does carry the SII rear spring eye bushing - it's P/N RS51. Its just not listed in the catalog for the SII application.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
not sure what problems you would have, I have been running urethane for over 15 years with out any problems. That said, I do live in California where the weather is good year round, it was 85 today.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The poly bushes will make the ride stiffer, and despite the appropriate lubrication have a habit of being squeaky... I'm going to remove the poly bushes from the front suspension of my tiger and go back to rubber.

chazza

Donation Time
It may not be a problem for a town car but where there is gravel, dust ends up sticking to the lubricant on the poly-bushes, which abrades both the bush and the steel component.

This is especially a problem on off-road vehicles,

Cheers Charlie