• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SII Cantrails and gas tank

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
SII Gas Tank and Cantrails

I believe the cantrails price is reasonable. The gas tank is like my tank for my Series II, but the sending unit in the photo is installed sideways and not vertical, but could be moved. Does not indicate in the ad whether the sending unit works or not. Another hard part to find.

I believe another unobtanium part is the Series II only 3 eared chrome gas cap.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I believe another unobtanium part is the Series II only 3 eared chrome gas cap.
The e ear caps are for the early wire wheel cars ( matches the wheel nuts) they were also used on later rootes estate cars....and on lotus motors as the oil filler caps on the rocker cover. Burton in the uk used to make a repro.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I won the auction for the cantrails, but the seller cancelled my order and sent a refund. :confused:
Im going to guess that somebody has contacted them and offered a bunch more cash.... Thr seller should give you a reason and if not file a complaint. Also keep an eye out to see if someone trys to flip them in the near future... Seen that happen with beam parts before and had it happen to me.

loose_electron

Donation Time
the sending unit in the photo is installed sideways and not vertical, but could be moved. Does not indicate in the ad whether the sending unit works or not. Another hard part to find.

A work around for this - There are some generic gas tank sending units available on EBay. Buy one of these, pull your original sending unit, and with some creative thinking the new sender can be substituted into original mount structure.

jerry

65beam

Donation Time
tank

Nisonger can restore the original Smiths fuel sending unit for series 1 & 2. I sent the one for the RHD Harrington to them a couple weeks ago. Turn around time then was estimated at three weeks. Cost was estimated at $125.00. I've had the tanks dipped for two of our Harringtons and recoated. The cost to dip and clean a tank a year ago was 75.00. They both had welding and repair done by Tiger Auto and then sent back to be recoated. I really don't know the cost to coat the inside since that was added in on Doug's fee.

65beam

Donation Time
tank

The $125.00 turned into $177.00. UPS delivered today.

Attachments

• PTDC0006.jpg
    PTDC0006.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 12