• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SI and SII floor mat image

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Would anyone have any images of the SI or SII floor mats they could send? Preferably laid out and some dimensions (right or left)

Steve

Limey

Donation Time
Floor mats

Hi Pres,

I recently refurbed a set for my Series II. They were shredded but complete. I can do a tracing for you but as you know these mats go up and over. How can I help you? Drop me a line. Thers's nothing I won't do for a Series I or II owner (everything I know I owe to SAOCA.

Olly

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
A series of photo would be best with overall dimensions. IF you had them in the car it would be great if the seat was removed to take the image.

The idea is to communicate clearly the basics so the tool maker could just give an idea of the cost of the tool. Tooling cost could be the show stopper.

If it looks promising then steps might proceed to provide further documentation. Who knows, maybe the archives has original drawings. (?)

Steve

Limey

Donation Time
I can't see it though, I really think it cant be done economically and there is no real market

1) too few SII buyers with the budget or interest. Carpeted cars are the norm now.

2) Tooling cost would be monstrous

I'll give you any help you need but its a financial dead end imho

Best regards,

Oliver

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Matt at Re-originals would have to make that call regarding cost/demand.
At least he's willing to consider having them made. Some how he make the Alfa recreations profitable. Many of those Alfas are far less production volume than the Alpine.

Who knows, maybe he'll do it on a pre-order basis?

Steve

Limey

Donation Time
Hi,

OK sounds possible then. I hope it works out. you wouyld be doing us all a big favour getting these remade.

I will try to remember to photo and trace the mats. Send me your postal address and I'lll post the tracings to you. If you don't hear from me by Wednesday, remind me, I have a terrible memory but I really want to help you out on this.

All the best

Oliver