• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Show in Columbia

65beam

Donation Time
show

i have to say that todd and eric must have paid the god of sunshine well because the weather could not have been better. you guys did good!!!!

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thank you Todd,Eric and your capable assistants for a great weekend.
Congrats to Denise, 1st place, Dennis, 2nd place and Stephen, 3rd place winners in the Sunbeam Alpine category. Did I get 2nd. and 3rd. right?
The cookout at Tod and Denise's home was excellent as well. Thanks again.
BTW, no rain on the way home.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wished I could have stayed longer. Barely had time to absorb the cars that were there. Would loved to have found an open spot under the tent and just sat there and listened to a couple of people in particular for a few hours. Beautiful cars. Red original Lemans certainly in a league of it's own. And then there's the peral SII. Stunning. About as good as it gets car wise. And like all of you who own a Beam, peoplewise. As good as they get.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
What a weekend! I want to thank each of you that came to our event with or without a car. It means a lot to Eric and I to see the commitment from each of you to come join us. The weather gave us a break too. We tried something a little different this year with the cook-out and tech sessions. I think they both went over very well. Steve Pace took a lot of pictures and Bonnie Gibeaut took quite a few. If either one of you could post some for others to see I would appreciate the effort.

Now that our event has come and gone we are placing our attention on the next two local events. Next weekend is The Gathering in Dobson N.C and this is the first year they have placed Sunbeams on the registration form due tot he good turn-out we have had over the last couple of years. This show is about 10 miles from the Va./ NC. line. If you go once you will put it on your calendar each year. It is held at beautiful Shelton Vineyards.

Next month is our show we have grown used to calling the Furman show. It is held at Furman University in Greenville SC. The setting is beautiful! One of the best show on the east coast. And guess what?? SUNBEAMS are the featured marque this year so we need to come out in big numbers. No reason not to have 20 plus Sunbeams at this show!! The date is May 24th for this show.

Thanks again for those of you that come this past weekend. It's more than just about the cars as we all know. It's good to see our friends and talk cars!

I hope someone will post a few pictures!

Cheers,

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
It was great seeing everyone again and thanks to Todd and Denise for their hospitality!
Here are a few photos. It could NOT have been a nicer day- just perfect. Eric

Attachments

• DSC06793.jpg
    DSC06793.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC06799.jpg
    DSC06799.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC06796.jpg
    DSC06796.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC06805.jpg
    DSC06805.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 16

dmich2

Donation Time
I agree whole-heartedly on the kudos to Todd and Denise for all their planning for the event. Had a wonderful time. It was great seeing everyone again. Looking forward to next year.

BTW. Stephen and I tied for 2nd.

Dennis

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
Great job Todd and Eric.
Special thanks to all the merry wife's for making it a great day.
Todd and Denise congratulation on your win and for opening up your home and garage for all to enjoy the BBQ and tech session

See you in Dobson
Stephen

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Car troubles kept me home!

Sure would have loved to have spent sometime with you folks!

I planned to attend and had made ready to drive my '67 SV LRX Code 106 for the event. After several nice runs and about 300-400 miles of driving trouble free.... it stopped dead!

Hauled her home. Found the center contact in the distributor cap was bent and the spring was crooked and making contact with the rotor.

Ordered a cap and rotor (also and extra just in case).

Took to the road again for about 20-25 miles, then it acted as if running out of gas. Stopped dead again. Hauled her home. Checked the distributo cap and rotor, all was well there!

Checked the gas (3/4 full tank), fuel pump bowl clear and full of fuel.

Sat over night, so quess what? It fired up first thing and ran smoothly. Took to the road again! All was well. Trip was still on schedule for Columbia.

Went for my scheduled front end alignment , dropped the car off. My Alignment Shop Owner, Mike (a friend), called and said the car was ready for me to pick up but, one thing was wrong. On the trial run it stopped with him as if running out of gas. He had to walk back to the shop. (Mike is still my friend);).

Hauled the car home again. Would not start! A shot of starter fluid did the trick. Ran good. I turned the switch off. It would not restart. It was Friday night April 4th. Missed the Columbia Event.

Haven't fooled with it since! Friday. Perhaps I will start a thorough check of all the possibilities in a day or so.....

DanR

P.S. I'm using a new Petronx Distributor and Coil. The fuel is 93 Octane. Tanks were cleaned and sealed. Fuel lines cleaned and or replaced. Carbs, Stromberg 150 rebuilt completely (without encountering any trouble with them as far as I can tell). New fuel pump and In-line fuel filter replaced.
New distr cap and rotor buttom.

Any one have similar problems with the Distributor cap?

dmich2

Donation Time
Dan. I had a similar experience with Sweet Pea on the return trip from Nashville. She just cut off on me like I ran out of gas. After I settled down from the panic of being stuck on the side of the road in God knows where I suddenly realized when I turned on the ignition I didn't hear that familiar noise of my electric fuel pump. So I went back and jiggled it, checked the wires and whamo, she started right up. It happened a few more times on the trip home and each time I jiggled the FP, or the wiring in the truck she would start. When I got home and had some time I finally discovered the sending unit in the truck for the FP was faulty. Bought a new one for about 7 bucks, plugged it in and no issues since.

Good luck.
Dennis

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Running Manual Fuel Pump..

Dennis, Thanks for the tip !

While I am running a new mechanical fuel pump, it sure makes me think it could be my pump at times.

I am stumped!

DanR

P.S. While looking over and thinking about the problem at hand, I keep seeing the spare 2.8 V6 and T5 sitting there next to my pretty blue '67 that want run and wondering "What if?"

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've been at it again!

Changed out the Coil from the Flame Thrower back to stock! Still little spark!

Sprayed a bit of starter fluid and it hit right-a-way!

Going to look at the fuel pump and possible replace with an electric. Any suggestions on the best one to buy for a SV?

DanR

dmich2

Donation Time
Sorry Dan. Don't know what I was thinking. Well, actually yes I do. I thought you were talking about a Sunbeam with an electric fuel pump....duh.

Good luck.

Dennis