• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Show in Columbia

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Let's get ready!!!!!!

2014 Sunbeam Gathering
This is our 8th year of getting together in Columbia, SC. This year's date is April 4th, 5th and 6th. All Sunbeam makes and models are welcome!
Host Motel is The Wingate , 108 Saluda Pointe Ct., Lexington , S.C. 29072
1-803-957-5000 When you call for reservations please use the name "SUNBEAM' to get a discounted rate.

The agenda is as follows:
Arrival on Friday 4th, set up of the hospitality room and parts room. Convoy down to Hudson's BBQ at 7:00 P.M. (about two miles from the motel)
Saturday morning we convoy to the Scottish Games Festival and British Car Show at the Columbia Speedway. (This is about a 10 mile trip) Attend Car Show from 8:30 -3:00 pm. Go back to the motel and enjoy the hospitality room and parts room till 6:00 p.m. The convoy over to Todd and Denise's house for a cook-out and a couple of tech sessions. (This is also about ten miles from the motel)
Sunday - Breakfast at the motel and check-out.

To attend you must:
1) Get a motel room at The Wingate
2) Pre-register for the car show. Go to www.bccmc.com and print off form and mail it in. It is on the page listed as CBC VIII.
3) Bring parts to sell

Any questions please feel free to call Todd Smith at (803)397-5556

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just a reminder that our show is less than a month away. Get your winter projects finished up and come join us in sunny South Carolina for our 8th annual Sunbeam Gathering. Even though this is not an "Official Invasion" we will be invading the local British Car Show and Scottish Games Festival. So far I think Sunbeams are about 30% of the show's registration so we should have a good group together this year.

Oh, George said to bring your KILTS!

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Great Steve, We look forward to seeing you!

Anyone have a parts request they need a fellow beamer to bring to the parts room?

Cheers,

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Hey, I"d love to come down again. Last year in S.C. was great. But I don't need another " hard luck" award. You guys have a blast. I'm sticking closer to home.:)
Bobbo

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
We would love to have you but we understand how long of a drive it is for you. Maybe we will see you at another even in between us.

For those of you that are coming and may bring a friend please let me know so I can be prepared for the cook-out on Saturday night.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks!

Cheers,

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
My friend Paul and I will be attending the show again this year. I'm hoping that the weather gods disagree with the meteorologists and give us a gorgeous day like last year. It's only a 30% chance, and I don't change my plans for anything under 40%.

As for the parts room, I may bring a nugget or two to share. Most of the extra stuff I have is stuff I removed when I ripped the old wiring out.

My needs include:
A 2-speed wiper motor
Some sort of stereo mount
A completed V6 conversion ;0)
Aluminum threshold sill plates
Dual circuit brake master

Tech sessions I'd be interested in:
Man vs. Machine: Tuning dual Stroms by ear or by carb balancer and Color Tunes
Clutch master rebuilding
Getting that damn oil pan to stop leaking

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I should have you a two speed wiper motor.

I hope everyone will be on town by 7:00 p.m. on Friday. We will convoy down to Hudson's BBQ for dinner together at 7:00.

Another reminder to everyone, BRING PARTS! Check and see what Greg just wrote and his request.

Bring a car cover! The pollen is getting started!!

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
No wipers? Rain x the windscreen a few times and bring a towel to clear the inside good to go !
Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
A very very small chance of rain, 20% and in the 80's this weekend!

I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

Cheers,

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Last call for all Sunbeams and Rootes cars in the SE.

Well you can't let the weather report make you decide not to come to our show this Saturday! 85 today, 86 Friday, and 76 Saturday with lots of Carolina blue skies and sunshine. Only a 10% chance of scattered showers on Friday and Saturday but the yellow pine pollen is thick now so a little rain would be welcomed. We have several owners coming down from up North to warm up a little bit too! Eric

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Anyone looking for a 3.89 rear gear? It will need to be "adjusted".
Not going to bring it unless some asks for it.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Hey Guys, Beth and I will only be able to go to the show on Saturday, and have to miss the other activities, so save a spot for her "Clan Sunbeam" Banner!

Sam

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Doug, Yes, I will take the 389.

Sam, Sure wish you could hang around for the cook-out!

Cheers,

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
I have to work all day Sunday, so I need to get home a a decent hour, besides in the back of my head is J. Lucas's admonition that a gentleman does not drive at night (had he lived long enough, I am sure he would also not recommend driving without a fully charged cell phone:))