• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Shock tower brace

Jeffrey.Sweeney

Donation Time
I'm not exactly sure what the part is called, if runs from the side of the engine compartment to the firewall. Two bolts on each end. It is used to help stiffen up the suspension/body. Hopefully the picture will make clear what I'm referring to. I'm trying to find this piece for teh driver's side. Recommendations? Anyone have an extra>

Attachments

• Missing part Sunbeam.png
    Missing part Sunbeam.png
    461.3 KB · Views: 41

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jefferey, That is a Pic of my Blue Boy V6.

I my have one of the support pieces available But you need to provide the Series Alpine and perhaps some measurement.

alpine_64

Donation Time
As dan stated.. Need the series.

The length changed for location change on the wheel well during transition from series 3 to IV.. The early cars are longer

Jeffrey.Sweeney

Donation Time
Jefferey, That is a Pic of my Blue Boy V6.

I my have one of the support pieces available But you need to provide the Series Alpine and perhaps some measurement.

It is a series 1. 1962 or 1963, My dad had one of each and used the two to put together 1 drivable car. In my mind it was the 1963 but the registration I have says 1962. The VIN on the registration is just the body number and not the real VIN. I'm goin to climb underneath the car and get the VIN off the block, but no telling which motor was used so ... Having said all that, I don't know if there is a difference between the two. The piece appears to be about 12 - 12.25 inches in length from the center of the bar (between the bolt holes).

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
It is a series 1. 1962 or 1963, My dad had one of each and used the two to put together 1 drivable car. In my mind it was the 1963 but the registration I have says 1962. The VIN on the registration is just the body number and not the real VIN. I'm goin to climb underneath the car and get the VIN off the block, but no telling which motor was used so ... Having said all that, I don't know if there is a difference between the two. The piece appears to be about 12 - 12.25 inches in length from the center of the bar (between the bolt holes).

You need to confirm what Series (I, II, or 3) Alpine you have. The last Series I Alpine was produced in September of 1960, so 1962 or 1963 does not make sense. Registrations from 50 years ago sometimes list the year the car was first sold rather than the actual model year, but a two or three year difference would be unusual. The VIN (if correct) is the simplest way, but a picture from the side of the car will allow the Series number to be determined.

Last edited:

Jeffrey.Sweeney

Donation Time
First off, see my earlier posts about my saying stupid things .... ! I am subject to the information passed down to me. Sunbeam.jpeg Hopefully this will help.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Well series II by the screen and window guides... But if you merged 2 cars, it could be a SI with SII doors and screen.... The vin will be stamped on the triangular ledge on the firewall as long as its a SI or up to mid SII

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
You do not need to crawl under the car to see the VIN number on the block. It's on a machined sloped surface on the block just above the fuel pump.
Tom

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
You need to confirm what Series (I, II, or 3) Alpine you have. The last Series I Alpine was produced in September of 1960, so 1962 or 1963 does not make sense. Registrations from 50 years ago sometimes list the year the car was first sold rather than the actual model year, but a two or three year difference would be unusual. The VIN (if correct) is the simplest way, but a picture from the side of the car will allow the Series number to be determined.
Barry, you might be surprised at how common it was. I purchased my first Alpine the first of September, 1963 and it had a grease gun in the tool kit. Grease guns were removed from the kit in October, 1960. Needless to say, it was titled as a 1963.
Bill

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
I thought there were only 2 sizes - early Series 1 & 2 and late Series 3, 4 & 5.
But what do I know, I've only worked on series 2 & 3.