• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Shock absorbers

alpine_64

Donation Time
Wonder what SS means when they say "New Konis". The "classics" were selling in the $225-250/each range. The "new konis" aren't much better price wise at $185/each but would save some money.

To me the Konis were the best option for perfomance.

Wow, VB seems to markup substantially!

Steve

I believe the new konis are the ones that have the external adjustments like the spax.. where as the old konis you had to take them off the car.

Also i heard they made them more street compliant

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
First, many thanks for all of you that helped out here! Very much appreciated. After looking at all the options I called Rick back at SS and bought his $28 per version. They are Monroe gas so are a quality manufacturer and supposedly good for touring. I don't autocross or track day this, I hope they will be a good choice. Will post after a bit and update on how I like or don't like these. Again, thank you all!

Gumby

Donation Time
First, many thanks for all of you that helped out here! Very much appreciated. After looking at all the options I called Rick back at SS and bought his $28 per version. They are Monroe gas so are a quality manufacturer and supposedly good for touring. I don't autocross or track day this, I hope they will be a good choice. Will post after a bit and update on how I like or don't like these. Again, thank you all!

So Tracy over in Kingston, Rich in Lynnwood here, and I want to know what you thought of the Monroe Shocks you bout from Rick at SS? I am overhauling the entire suspension on my early series IV... and new shocks will be part of that.

albeam

Donation Time
Gumby,

i fitted two replacement front shock absorbers 16000 klms ago. they were a monroe 15-0212 coding ,but they were made in australia and i do not know if that is the correct coding to whats available in the US. It is a series iv alpine.

albeam

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Looks like I'm late to this one. I agree with Bill 100%. I put the Red Ryders on that the UK Alpine Horn listed as fitting. They are from some GM cars. Totally fine for a comfortable touring ride. I have never put KYBs on the Alpine. But I have them on another car and find them a bid jarring. I ultimately took off the Red Ryders and put on the "new" Konis from SS. Yes, they are the ones that can be adjusted while on the car. Sorry to say, but I really do love the ride with the Konis. I wish I did it a long time ago.