• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Shelley jack decal.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Has anyone reproduced the decal that was applied to the Alpine jack? An example can be seen in the article on the tool-kit.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Sticker Size

Hi Tony,

Do we know the exact size?
Here is a sample
Jack-sticker.jpg

Regards,
Andrew

Jim E

Donation Time
Also does anyone have a good ID plate off the OD unit hat we can make a copy of.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Help out

I will help out in any way I can guys. I just need to know the exact size of things if I do not have an original on hand.
I will check the OD I have and see what I can do, Are all OD plates the same size? My OD is from a SI Alpine....well I think it is from a SI. I will communicate in Wed/morning.

Andrew

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Andrew, Maybe Ian has the jack that he photographed for the tool-roll article and could measure the decal. Someone out there must have at least the remnants of one for the dimensions. Tony.

66Tiger

Donation Time
I think some approximation can be made by looking at a jack. I will look at my jack tonight.

Also I think the decal should look a bit more like this...

shelleydecal.jpg

The photo is distorting the decal with it's angle and the curvature of the jack itself.

shelley.jpg

Paul

66Tiger

Donation Time
I have 2 jacks.

Interestingly, the black one came from a Series 4 Alpine, while the grey one from a late Series 5 (2 owner car). The size and color kind goes against the info on the Tool Roll page. I repainted the black jack myself, it had the same patina as the grey one but no signs of grey paint (or I would have painted it grey).

The arms are of different length, are positioned at different angles and the grey one has a stamped stop and the black jack stop looks to be more like something pressed in to location the body on the jack.

As far as decal size goes...looking at the picture of an original decal and with my jacks in hand...I am leaning towards 1.25" (1-1/4") wide and .875" (7/8") tall.

Actual Size...

shelleydecal2.jpg

shelleydecaldetail.jpg

But I am still mulling it over in my head...and on paper.

Paul

JackDimensions.jpg

JackDetail.jpg

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Paul, Thanks for the dimensions and pics. The jack in my Series 4 corresponds to the shorter one and the longer one is the same as that in my Series 3 Rapier which has 15 inch wheels. Could that explain the difference between your jacks? Tony.

Limey

Donation Time
Has anyone reproduced the decal that was applied to the Alpine jack? An example can be seen in the article on the tool-kit.

Hi,

I had my studio reproduce the artwork for the jack in preparation to having some labels made. I had forgotten about it.:eek: I'll try and dig it out. I'm a couple of weeks away from having the early series oil filter 'label' (a direct print actually) reproduced in quantity as well and I have a guy reproducing the fire extinguisher label but that is a few weeks away. I'll keep everyone posted when they are done.

Oliver

Limey

Donation Time
Shelley Sticker

Hi Tony,

I had forgotten about that sticker. Trunk tools will be a 2012 job for me on the rebuild. However In a month or so when my studio is less busy i will get them to complete and I will post on the Forum for those interested.

All the best,

Oliver