• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Servos

Limey

Donation Time
Hi All,

Can you shine a light on these two Alpine servos. I bought them on Ebay over the last 12mths

The top one is dated 10 61

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

Which alpines where they for; are they usefull or rare? difficult to get spares for etc

Also what is there correct name? is one a Moto Vac? etc

Many thanks as always

Oliver

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oliver, I don't believe either of these were used on standard production Alpines. That being said, the first looks to me like it may be like the ones used on Harrington Alpines, and if so, that's a quite rare little item indeed and somewhat difficult for which to find spares. The latter looks a lot like a Lockheed replacement servo, in which case spares are not hard to source. Hard to tell as the photos are difficult to resolve.

napa 1

Donation Time
Tough to tell from the picture, but the top one looks like a Clayton Dewandre as in my Harrington Le Mans.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
You are right John. The top one is a Clayton Dewandre found in the Le Mans (see attached photos of unrestored and restored version in my Le Mans).

Attachments

• Brake booster before.jpg
    Brake booster before.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Brake booster restored.jpg
    Brake booster restored.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 44

Limey

Donation Time
Thanks for the info and pics. Looks like I dont have the mounting bracket.

I'll look to refurbish it and hope Norton Servos can fit new 'frams and seals etc.

Many thanks all.

Oliver