• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V wanted

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Regarding Series 5 heads, there were two styles used. I think most had the style with the round tubes for the spark plug holes pressed in, same as early series. But later production often had the square plug areas. The square plug area style is somewhat preferred because they do not seep oil like sometimes happens around the tubes on the other style.

Tom

eodcoduto

Donation Time
That's a nice car but it is too much above my budget. I've been pretty good at sticking to a hard dollar amount so far.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I just realized looking through the pictures of that car that I know the owner and have been to that house! I didn't realize it was in Kansas City. I lived in KC from 2010-15. I think that's Kevin White, and it's a very solid car. Again, he may be a little flexible.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
The KC Series IV comes with "pickup bed" of parts and set of minilites. Wires. Pipe trimed seats. Beautiful. And on craigslist! lol. Appears nothing to do but drive. Can't imagine the owner would dicker much. If I were at his house to possibly buy, first words I'd say would be "wish it was a Series V."

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
When I start adding it up, and I quit adding a long time ago, $8500.00 with a little negotiation seems real reasonable to me. If I had it to start over again, I certainly wouldn't have bought this $1800.00 car and spent 10x's that fixing it.:eek: That's just me though. I'm a sucker for the "junkyard" cars.
Good luck with your search.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
If you can negotiate a bit, and also sell off parts you don't need, and sell off some bling for some less-blingy bits (headlight rings) you can get closer to your budget number over time.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
When I start adding it up, and I quit adding a long time ago, $8500.00 with a little negotiation seems real reasonable to me. If I had it to start over again, I certainly wouldn't have bought this $1800.00 car and spent 10x's that fixing it.:eek: That's just me though. I'm a sucker for the "junkyard" cars.
Good luck with your search.

Exactly........but someone who hasn't done a "small" Sunbeam Specialties order and been thrown back in their chair when it's all of a sudden $800. When the box arrives and you see what you really got you're like.....damn!

And that's just the start......

I'll sell you my Seires III for $25,000

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
The KC Series IV comes with "pickup bed" of parts and set of minilites. Wires. Pipe trimed seats. Beautiful. And on craigslist! lol. Appears nothing to do but drive. Can't imagine the owner would dicker much. If I were at his house to possibly buy, first words I'd say would be "wish it was a Series V."

And his might be "people in hell wish it was cooler".

eodcoduto

Donation Time
I thought you said your budget was 5-7k?
In my head that's $1500?

I was splitting the 5-7k at 6k and subtracting, but it is a nice car. I'm not a fan of the piping on the seats and I would have them redone with stock upholstery. I'm still waiting for the right car for me.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
The piping was stock on most cars until Series V. And some after that. Last series with the aerodynamic soft to cover! After that, all down hill!

alpine_64

Donation Time
I'll sell you my Seires III for $25,000

I mean what im about to say... If you wanted a great driving car that you can take to shows and be a crowd puller... It would be cheaper to take the 7k borrow another 18k from a credit union and buy pauls car per that offer ... Long term it would be cheaper than a 7k car.. You get enough rare options to add another 5k to a restoration cost alone.. And you get to enjoy it immediately.

Not sure what the interest on a loan in the states is.. But i bet it makes more sense and smiles per mile to buy pauls .... Only issue is no soft top... But hey.. Nothing's perfect!

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thank Mike!
Yes, it's actually "kind of" for sale. I just haven't advertised. Had it Atomic Motors here in Vegas for a few months because it was free storage while I parted out another car. Wasn't that serious then, and they put a serious commission on it.

When it suppose to happen, I suppose it will. But no, you couldn't restore my Series III GT for the price. Heck, $6500 would only get you the ProPrep interior!

Last edited:

Acollin

Donation Time
Are you still looking for a series V.

One just came up on Craigs in Seattle. I came through the Portland craigs to me. I am not connected to the car or the owner in any way and know nothing beyond what the ad says.
White 67 $3000.

Good hunting