• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V Grill Assembly

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have been hanging the chrome bits now that the car is back from the paint shop and am stumped on the front pieces. The main emblem bracket has holes top and bottom. I have a body hole for the bottom but cannot seem to locate on for the top. Hmm. Anyway, I'll deal with that but the question I have is on the bottom chrome strip. The SS part I got has no holes in it and there are no holes for mounting it on the flat body panel. So exactly what holds this in place, pinched under the eyebrow pieces? That sounds MM...
As always, thank you for any help!

mikephillips

Donation Time
There should be 4 holes in the flat panel for 4 kinda odd rivets that it snaps over. The holes are 1/8" and follow the slight curve of the lower piece, and probably were filled by paint. See if you can find them by looking at the bottom of the panel. The rivets themselves come and go in availability, if you cannot find correct ones then you can use the ones Jaguar folks sell to attach series 2 and 3 headlamp surround chrome. They're a little smaller so may need to be spread a bit, but will work.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Wow, you're quick!

Thank you! That makes sense, I'll crawl around some more and see what I can find. Very much appreciate your help!

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just in case you want the originals, I do have some of the impossible-to-find correct aluminum NOS rivets for the lower finishing trip. Send me a PM.

Mark

65beam

Donation Time
grill

if you want to make it easy to remove the lower trim strip, use the pieces to hold the eyebrow . cut them down to size so they fit in the lower trim and bolt it on . i use my bench grinder to cut them down .