• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V Engine + Engine Compartment

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Very informative post

Bill,

Looks like you found a wonderfully clean, original car. I love this thread; really informative. What a compendium of information. I purchase a 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Series II back in July. It is in San Diego undergoing some mechanical repairs at Smitty's (rear end & clutch hydraulics, new soft top, new carpet, door mirrors, break check, etc. When Smitty's is done, I will have it shipped home here to Virginia. At that time, I will be going over it with a fine tooth comb, photographing every inch of the car to document its condition as purchased. I'm thinking I will do as you have done and post the photos here so all these Classic Sunbeam Alpine aficionados can help me get the car as close to original as possible. Anyway, thanks for the thread and the photos. Good luck on getting your car up to your expectations.

Regards,
Mike