• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V Air Cleaner issues

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
It looks the same as the "Ramflow" filter by Lynx (aussie I think). It has an oilable foam filter, easily washable.
A few different shapes, with bases to suit the carby. The oval ones (as shown) should fit the various weber/solex downdraft carbs. Smaller round ones for twin su's or strombergs.
I use the round ones on the Stromberg 150's on rear engined Ginetta (ie very dusty engine environment), and have no complaints, although they need frequent cleaning (a good sign I suppose?). New foams are available.
They are quite low profile and free-flowing, you may need to consider jetting/mixture if you are changing from a paper element?
cheers, Dave

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Johnny,

To add to Dave's reply, I know that some of the base plates for the Ramflo air cleaners have different offsets to allow for different applications. I know the style that you are talking about, and they look identical. Have a look at www.lynxcorp.com.au

Good luck, Robin.

66Alpine

Donation Time
Bloody air cleaners!!!

Thank you Dave and Robin from the beautiful world of Down Under.
I am half crazy trying to locate these air cleaners here in the states. More than half of the distributors send me the incorrect cleaners or have no idea what I am talking about. So for the time being I will be less than content with the the original ones or I will design my own!!! (Right??!!)

Many thanx again,

and cheers to you,

Johnny:cool:

R

red pine

air filter foam

For my two stromberg 150 air filters, I purchased a sheet of 1/4 inch flat green motorcycle filter foam. I then cut two layers of foam to fit nicely inside the filter housings. When dirty I simply remove the reusable foam and clean it like a motorcycle air filter and finish up with a small amount of light oil. The filter is then ready to go again. If the foam is gets old, I will cut another filter from the sheet. This is very inexpensive and I never had any problems.