• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series III with jose's v6 conversion.

jimfai

Donation Time
i bought this car off ebay this summer and really love it. was built with jose's help by a deceased member. i have driven this car more than any of my others since i got it in August and have taken care of most of the bugs it had from sitting for a while. Since it is my most road worthy car it makes it the most marketable. Don't want to sell it but we have many bills from our kids sick horse :( , i know i will have another one of these later on, but money can be better spent elsewhere now. not looking for a profit, only to recoupe my investment. email me for price, pixs and more info.

jimfai

Donation Time
still for sale, have sent out many pictures and info. i need to sell this or one of the minis, open to reasonable offers

jimfai

Donation Time
new price, no beating around the bush. i have all the info i know about the car as well as many pictures i can send. it stands me $9400 as it sits in my driveway but i am willing to take a small loss and sell it for $8700 if there are any seriuos buyers. could be driven anywere. most other jose conversions i have seen were priced at
12k plus.

jimfai

Donation Time
sorry, not savy enough for the link deal, but i can surely send anyone pictures and info that wants it.

jimfai

Donation Time
still for sale, lots of lookers no takers yet. not sure why some other conversions have sold before this one for much more? maybe the auto? my mechanic said he could convert this a T5 for about $1500 turn key.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

I don´t think it is so much that it has an automatic, as it is that it is a C4 three speed automatic. I think you could swap it to a A4LD four speed overdrive automatic, for less than the $1,500.

The best thing would be a T5 five speed transmission, but the A4LD, with a set of 3.70-3.90 rear gear would make it perform a lot better.

Jose

jimfai

Donation Time
hi jose, i did buy a rebuilt a4ld last summer with the intent of swapping it out, but i still need to r & r the motor, change out the shifter, get a new driveshaft made and install an o/d switch to use it. if someone wanted this the time and money to convert to a manual T5 would really not be that much different and i dont think i would need to swap the rear gears either going this route?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

If I were going to use a T5 transmission with the 3.55s it now has (so you don´t need to swap them out), I would go with the four cylinder T5, so that the lower first gear and lower overdrive gear ratio would give the engine a bit more mechanical advantage.

The four cylinder T5 would be cheaper too, but it would need a pilot bearing adapter, to make up for the shorter inputshaft.

Jose

jimfai

Donation Time
so jose, what gear ratio would you recommend if it has an a4ld swap? i am close to selling one of my minis and may be able to keep this car :) thanks jim

jimfai

Donation Time
jose v6 for sale

still for sale, will be taking it out of storage as soon as the snow melts. reduced to $8500

bump