• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series III GT in LMG

alpine_64

Donation Time
iTS LIKELY AN EARLY 3 TOO.. HAS THE DUAL zENITHS.. ALSO SAW THE BIG CANISTER IN THE BOOT.. WONDER IF THE BATWING IS STILL PRESENT. aLSO NOTICED HAS THE WOOD RIM WHEEL.. BUT DASH IS VYNIL.. WOULD BE INTERESTING TO LOOK AT THE CAR

lemansvk

Donation Time
Sorry Paul, couldn't resist that :)

Of course, when I bought mine the engine compartment (and the trunk) was the even rarer 'flat black' colour - only known when the DPO is trying to cover up a cheap respray in the wrong shade of red :)

Cheers, Vic

Not the re-paint!
The engine compartment. :p

dannym

Donation Time
Well, I do wish you hadn't referred to the "rare light metallic green" Series 3 GT because that is what my project car is. I have been debating retaining the color, which I don't really care for, since it appeared to be a one year only thing. I had pretty well decided that retaining original color was not important until now. However, to further complicate the matter, I had to acquire a new vin plate due to mine gone missing. It is for a moonstone car, whatever that color may be. Now I am really conflicted about whether I can sleep nights if it becomes British racing green or carnival red or white, my three top contenders for new color. What to do!!!!
Danny

mikephillips

Donation Time
I'd say use the color you like best. But if it's not original just don't drive it to Invasion or Jan will repaint it in the dark of the night as you sleep.....;)

lemansvk

Donation Time
Moonstone is (almost) white with just a hint of blue or green depending on your eyes :)

It's your car, you should paint it whatever colour you like. I can understand you wanting to change from LMG, not my favourite colour. My only advice would be to pick an original Alpine colour; they just dont look right to me in colours from another era. I was 'lucky' in that mine had originally been Carnival Red (resprayed a darker Chrysler red by the DPO) and having it resprayed in Carnival was a joy

Vic

. It is for a moonstone car, whatever that color may be. Now I am really conflicted about whether I can sleep nights if it becomes British racing green or carnival red or white, my three top contenders for new color. What to do!!!!
Danny

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Paint it the original color. (whatever VIN plate says) Or find a vin plate that you like the color of. I have a couple around. I think I have a Series III GT in Autumn Gold with Title. Also a Series III ST in Carnival Red with title.

P

Well, I do wish you hadn't referred to the "rare light metallic green" Series 3 GT because that is what my project car is. I have been debating retaining the color, which I don't really care for, since it appeared to be a one year only thing. I had pretty well decided that retaining original color was not important until now. However, to further complicate the matter, I had to acquire a new vin plate due to mine gone missing. It is for a moonstone car, whatever that color may be. Now I am really conflicted about whether I can sleep nights if it becomes British racing green or carnival red or white, my three top contenders for new color. What to do!!!!
Danny

dannym

Donation Time
Guys,
Thanks for the words of wisdom. And Paul, where were you when I was searching high and low for a vin plate? :>). Due to a previous owner removing everything bolted on the car and losing it (including the vin plate) plus attempting to install a Volvo engine and trans, I plan to go to the dark side with a v6 conversion. So I suppose the color issue is really moot, except it just seems a shame to do away with a "rare" paint scheme. I bought the hulk 35 years ago with the intention of building a Tiger clone, not realizing at the time that a Tiger involved considerably more than dropping the Ford v8 under the hood. This disappointment plus kids, house, and career caused me to abandon the project until recently. After discovering this site, I became encouraged to pursue my original intention with a v6. I may not complete the car in my lifetime, but the fun is in solving the challenges of building it.
Danny

Jim E

Donation Time
My S3GT was interesting when it came to paint... car is now black, was black, was blue, was maybe yellow, was LMG originally but the VIN says it should be red.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
I just hope it went to a collector who saw its potential and not a breaker. I know we all realized the worth of the individual parts were much greater that the asking price. Jeff