• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II Alpine Tonneau Cover Wanted

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm still looking for a Series II tonneau cover. Even if you have an unusable one that can be used as a pattern would be OK. I have located one in the UK but am trying to find one here if I can. Thanks for any input.

Rick

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I have 1, not sure of the condition. may be a couple days until I can get a look at it. PM me your phone # and I'll ring you towards the middle of next week.
Jeff

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Will do, thanks Jeff.

Hi Jeff:

Got the tonneau cover and the glove box surround yesterday. Thanks. The tonneau is definitely not for a Series II which is what I was looking for. Series I & II covers are different from all other tonneaus. They have a distinctive flap in the front corners that wrap around the A posts and attach to a lift-the-dot stud mounted in the bottom of the stainless windshield trim. The tonneau you sent me does not have the telltale flaps and is for a Series 3 or later car. I guess I can try to sell it online and continue the hunt unless you want it back. Let me know.

Rick

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
I have a almost new tonneau cover that is quite different than the one in the photos. Mine does not have the notches in the back for the trunk hinges and uses 3 lift dots across the back. The front also has lift dots and no loops as shown. It is not curved like the photo. I will try to get photos and post tomorrow.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Gary there were a couple of styles for the early tomneau... The one jerry and bernd posted mount the cover into the drain channel in the boot.

Yours is also a correct style and you can remove it without having to open the boot to unclip it.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Someone in the UK is selling what looks like a nice early one on the SAOC's Facebook page. I don't know how much it would cost to ship, but they are only looking for £65.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...EMkvnWMJKVnvkBQYHI2Kp_B5E6L8h3g&jazoest=27746

72138853_10213129038815180_2806328238182236160_n.jpg

74338951_10213129039055186_2465574685492903936_n.jpg