• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I engine compartment

skywords

Donation Time
Requesting pictures of an engine compartment. You see I am cobbling together a car from bits. I need to know where to mount fuse holder, volt reg. Etc the more detail the better. The workshop manual is of no use in this regard. So any help here is appreciated.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rick, if you get a copy of the brooklands road test books they have copies of all the si road testsvand most have photos of the engine bay, slightly grainy but a good starting point . If you can wait I can take some pics of my book later this week.

65beam

Donation Time
series 1

if you look at the gallery section and look in the images you'll find photos of a series 2 engine compartment. everything is pretty much the same except that the series 1 had the header tank without the relief valve and the brake reservoir was mounted on the inner fender well between the regulator and the inner fender brace instead of being mounted on the fire wall.

srbaker

Donation Time
Hope these help

Not much in there right now but maybe these will help, from my Series I. The fuse box is in the upper left of the picture, a bit of a shadow there I see.

Requesting pictures of an engine compartment. You see I am cobbling together a car from bits. I need to know where to mount fuse holder, volt reg. Etc the more detail the better. The workshop manual is of no use in this regard. So any help here is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5729 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_5729 (Custom).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5730 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_5730 (Custom).JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 28