• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 5 Dash Pad

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a new Dash Pad for my S5 that will fit properly? Has anyone had experience installing one? Installation hints, suggestions, and "watch out fors" will all be welcome. Thanks, Rick

alpine_64

Donation Time
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a new Dash Pad for my S5 that will fit properly? Has anyone had experience installing one? Installation hints, suggestions, and "watch out fors" will all be welcome. Thanks, Rick

Sunbeam Specialties and Classic Sunbeam depending which coast you are on

mikephillips

Donation Time
They fit pretty well but you have to remove the windshield frame to install it properly since it goes underneath, not butted up against. Use this as an opportunity to check for rust damage around the edges, particularly corners under the frame and repair as necessary. As for fitting, dryfit alot before glue since I found that I needed to trim the foam in it slightly to get the vent holds to line up front to back. And use a brush on glue rated for high temps to keep it from coming loose over time.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Also to add to Mike's recommendations is to "thin" out the pad under the windshield frame, by shaving the foam down. Be careful, you can screw the pad up really easy.
Jan

howard

Donation Time
Rick- It's not a difficult procedure. Take your time and be meticulous. If you're going to remove the old pad, you may wish to take the seats out so you can drill out those rivets that hold the aluminum pieces underneath. (Taking the seats out allowed me- a rather big-boned gent- comfortable space to see what I was doing. I could lay on my back. Just be sure and wear goggles to keep metal shavings out of your eyes.)

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most difficult project, I'd say this was probably a 3.

BTW- My dashpad came from Rick at Sunbeam Specialties, and included instructions. What I didn't know I asked about on this forum, and was able to do it with no problems.