• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 3 on eBay

alpine_64

Donation Time
Yes the filler is in the SI/Ii position, you would be safe to assume its had a hit or repair to that corner where they just replced the whole rear panel.. i have seen a SII that they put a S3 guard on for the same reason.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
This car is a patchwork of parts and would be correctly identified as a Series 2.5. It's parts (and those on the ground) are from a variety of series and, interestingly, note that it has a S3 left door but the right is SI.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I agree! You are buying a hardtop here with a rolling parts collection with it. It woudl be interesting to get the ID number off of the tag and motor.

Cheers,

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

Could it have been that Rootes were just using up a late series II body? I have seen series IV's with the square edges. The old/spare front bumper indicates having a bad day at some stage :( . Looks like the unrestored Vanguard 1:43 model, but in real life ;) .

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi,

Could it have been that Rootes were just using up a late series II body? I have seen series IV's with the square edges. The old/spare front bumper indicates having a bad day at some stage :( . Looks like the unrestored Vanguard 1:43 model, but in real life ;) .

Regards, Robin.

Rob,

Quite a decent run of the later SIV's had the square corner doors and bonne with a round boot.. many of the early SV's (and early IA's) had the same body before they switched to the square corner boots. This is not way ggin to be a rootes car.. the door wll be probably off the same car the rear wing came fom.. not to mention it will not be much good as the side window is different and will not work with the soft top profile.. the 1/4 window cant fit that door and the SII guide chanel would not work with the S3 windscreen frame.

I would have little doubt due to the boot layout and some interior pics that its a S3.

foghorn14

Donation Time
Walleye

Am I crazy or do the headlights on this rig seem to be pointing in slightly different directions and/or slightly different heights?