• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 2 suspension

JonPiz

Donation Time
I would love to stick a V6 in the Alp but on the S2 suspension set up is there any mods that are needed or is the stock set up OK. Also in the UK what gearbox can be used in the conversion

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi JonPiz

The stock Series II front suspension doesn't have to be modified, just that I would suggest checking to see if it is in good working order. After the conversion, I suggest that the front end be aligned.

The Ford type nine transmission came behind some of the 2.8 Cologne engines, so is a natural choice, plus, I understand that the transmission tunnel doesn't need to be modified to make it fit the Alpine body.

Jose:)

JonPiz

Donation Time
being in the UK, if I use the 2.8 cologne engine with the standard gearbox as you suggest, what parts from your kit do I need, how much are they and what would the shipping to the UK be. Lastly is it guaranteed to make me grin once I have done it all!!:D

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
JonPiz,

The parts we can supply that will help you install the 2.8 V6 into your Alpine, are the motor mounts and transmission support crossmenber. You might want to contact Mark kirkpatrick, who lives in a suburb of London, to ask him what he was charged for those pieces, and the shipping to the U.K.. His e-mail address and phone number are below.

markakirkpatrick@hotmail.com, 011442074042947 (h)

The guy that has already gotten his V6 Alpine running a year ago, is Chris Spain, who also lives in a suburb of London. His e-mail is below. He has told us that he's thrilled with his converted Alpine. He could also be a good source of information about what he had to do to install it. He did his own mounts, and didn't use our parts, but the amount of work necessary, should be comparable.

c.spain@supanet.com

Chris also own a Tiger, and says it is hard to decide which one to drive. They are very different, but both are thrilling to drive.

I used to smile every day that I owned my converted Alpines, and I drove them every day. Rain, snow sleet or dark of night. If yours doesn't make you smile every day, it's because you'd need to check yourself for a pulse:D

Jose:)

JonPiz

Donation Time
fantastic, thanks for all the info. What about the headers and is it normal just to get a custom exhaust made locally