1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Series 2 Alpine soft top frame and bows

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts For Sale' started by Warren, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Warren

Warren Donation Time

I have a frame from a soft top The header bow is in pretty nice shape with the clamps. If this was a late series header bow it would be worth some decent dough because they rust out like crazy. Then there's the little rubber channel piece of stamp steel that would be hard to reproduce.

2. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

Warren, Do you know of anyone that makes this "channel" ?

3. Warren

Warren Donation Time

Sorry no, I hate to pick it off for cobbling elsewhere...

4. Gordon Holsinger

Gordon Holsinger Diamond Level Sponsor

There is a guy that makes that piece by the foot on the Jag website!

5. DanR

Thanks Gordon for that bit of info....

6. Gordon Holsinger

Gordon Holsinger Diamond Level Sponsor

Dan I don’t know it is all good on my cars but I saw it on a website I think it is for e type roadsters I scour other makes websites since a lot of things you can interchange.

7. DanR

Good morning Warren!

Hope you are having a nice Day today. Weather is a bit cool here but clear.

Sorry that I gave the impression that I wanted you to "pick it off" ! It was a question, "If" you knew of any manufacture of these rubber retainers that run around the doors of our Sunbeams.

They have a tendency to rust on a lot of the Sunbeams and I do not know of a replacement.

Perhaps I need to start a new post/thread. The availability to get these would help lots of restoration projects.