• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

self-contained alpine??

napa 1

Donation Time
Funny thing happened to me this morning on the way to the mechanic as I called to have the Alpine towed to my mechanic. I gave the AAA operator all the information including year, make and model, which of course she'd never heard of and I had to spell. 10 minutes later I recieved a call back from the AAA dispatch wanting to know the size of the RV I was wanting to have towed so that they could send the appropriate truck. RV???:eek:

65beam

Donation Time
sunbeam rv

haven't you ever seen a sunbeam motor home? they're fully equipped including a 1725 motor.wonder if AAA still has them in their list of vehicles?john,what ever happened to yours?

Nickodell

Donation Time
haven't you ever seen a sunbeam motor home? they're fully equipped including a 1725 motor.wonder if AAA still has them in their list of vehicles?john,what ever happened to yours?

And its cabin cruiser version, as used by rednecks:

RednechCabinCruiserM.jpg

Wombat

Donation Time
I thought I saw on the old Forum a camper van made from a Commer Van. Maybe this is what the AAA has on their database????

Now how would a V6 conversion go in that?

Sorry, I am rambling.

napa 1

Donation Time
Boy, the things you learn on this forum. That makes me feel a little better about AAA's dispatch and..now I know what my next project is going to be!:eek:

skywords

Donation Time
I thought I saw on the old Forum a camper van made from a Commer Van. Maybe this is what the AAA has on their database????

Now how would a V6 conversion go in that?

Sorry, I am rambling.

V6? A V12 wouldn't make it go any better. Terminal velosity of a barn is only so fast. I'd love to have one though it's so ugly it's cute. Of coarse I almost bought a Brill bus converted into a motor home, it was beautiful. The sheetmetal work was like fine art. But I realized just to put tires on such a beast you would have to mortgage the house.

Rick

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Commer

This last summer I noticed a real nice Commer in Vancouver B.C., that had been garaged for 10-12 years. I posted it to all I could think of, the guy was sending it to the scrapper. FREE at that and no takers, finally someone got hold of the scrapper he wanted several hundreds of bucks ca.

I think the reciever got it for about 400 plus he had to bring it out of Canada, I met the reciever at the last All Britt here in Portland. A young guy that races I believe Minis' any way to make a longer story short,,(thats hard for me). He (Al?) plans on towing his race car with it and live in it while on the road.

Cool eh? and I'll probably see it here this year if he gets her all done up.

well thats all folks, thought I had some pics... :rolleyes:

Chuck