• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Seat removal

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
In the WM it says to remove the front seats "all that is required is the removal of the retaining bolts from the seat frame". Are these the two bolts that go from left to right (or right to left) across the frame? Or are those just adjusting bolts?

mikephillips

Donation Time
If you tilt the seat forward you should see 2 bolts, or other type pins after all these years, attaching the front of the frames to the seat slides. Removing these will allow the entire seat assembly to be lifted out.

howard

Donation Time
In order to totally remove the seats from my car, I have four bolts per seat- 2 on each rail. I have to adjust the seat forward to remove the back two bolts, then slide the seats back to gain access to the two front bolts. Are these what you're referring to?

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
In order to totally remove the seats from my car, I have four bolts per seat- 2 on each rail. I have to adjust the seat forward to remove the back two bolts, then slide the seats back to gain access to the two front bolts. Are these what you're referring to?

Those 4 bolts are holding the seat rails to the body.You can remove the seat and rail as a unit.If you tip your seat forward it pivots at the front.The bolt is used as the pin which the seat therefore can be tilted.if you just want to take out the seat then these are the ones you remove.

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
Okay, now I'm embarrassed that I put up such a dumb question. The bolts were so covered up with crap from the years that I didn't even see them until I scrubbed everything. Easy removal once I found them :)

Thanks!