• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Scarey brakes

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dwain, they are 3/4". I don't recall the size of the Girling units, but I'm pretty sure the early ones are slightly smaller than 3/4", the late ones are larger than 3/4".

Jim E

Donation Time
You can shop M/C s by doing a search for NABCO on ebay then seeing what sizes and configurations come up and what cars they were used on. We have a parts house here that has tons of M/Cs and other discontinued bits that sells regulare on ebay. I have bought several M/Cs from them.

The NABCO search is not so good right now but "datsun master" looks better

Nickodell

Donation Time
I have had a clutch slave cylinder seal fail totally and empty the master cylinder - that could just as easily happen to the brakes.

I've had the brake reservoir and M/C empty itself on two different cars via the booster, luckily while it was parked so that I had the pedal-to-the-metal in my driveway and not on the road. I started working on a fail-safe warning buzzer and light that would operate whenever the fluid dropped below a certain level, but like a lot of my projects that has been put on the back burner. I mean to perfect it this year and give details of how it works to everyone. Beats having to check the fluid level before each trip.

skywords

Donation Time
For what it's worth BMW motorcycle M/C from a /6 series has a level warning built into it. Maybe remove or better yet maybe it will just thread right on, has two terminals and float switch. Stop by your local BMW motorcycle shop and ask if you can try one on your reseviour I'll bet they have a couple of used ones lying about.

Rick

Nickodell

Donation Time
Actually I thought of something similar, Rick, but there is insufficient clearance between the top of the reservoir and the hood. The idea I'm working on would have all the parts within the OEM reservoir.

skywords

Donation Time
Actually I thought of something similar, Rick, but there is insufficient clearance between the top of the reservoir and the hood. The idea I'm working on would have all the parts within the OEM reservoir.

Sorry Nick
I wasn't clear. The BMW M/C cap has the float switch built into it and should be / might be just a simple task as install the BMW cap on the Lockheed resevouir. It is self contained in the cap and shouldn't be any taller than the OEM cap. The BMW cap fits under the fuel tank on the motorcycle and has to be low profile. Just a thought.

Rick