• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Saw a series I, II, or III this morning

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
On my way to work this morning, there was a bad accident (not involving an Alpine) in Green Cove Springs, Fl. I took the back streets in an attempt to get around it, which didn't work but that is another story. While on one of the back roads, in the driveway of a home, I saw a red Series I, II, or III. All I could see was the front end and rear quarters, as it had a cover over the top and windshield. I never saw this car before in the area. Anyone know of this Alpine? I thought about stopping on the way home one evening and see what I can find out about it. I know there was another one in Green Cove Springs that sat in a driveway for many years. The owner, I'm told, turned down everyone that was interested it buying it. It was very bad. There was no floor in that one. You could see the X-member and the driveway below it.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike, I'd be nosey and check it out:D

I found a SV the other day by driving in a different area.

Stopped and took some pictures and got the gent's phone number. Potential future buy! Might even save from the scrap pile....

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Oldbeamboy, There is a very nice Alpine for sale by a Gent that showed it at the UNITED XXXVI in Va this September.

It is PIC'd next to my '67 SV Commodore Blue V6 in some pictures just posted (I think)! It is a dark blue Alpine, not sure if it is a SIV or V

As a matter of fact Eric G 65Sunbeam is a good friend and can probably get you the details better than I.

DanR

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike, I'd be nosey and check it out:D

I found a SV the other day by driving in a different area.

Stopped and took some pictures and got the gent's phone number. Potential future buy! Might even save from the scrap pile....

DanR

I stopped on the way home after work yesterday. Knocked on the door, no one answered. I think it must be someone older. Just seeing into the side lights at the front door, they appeared to be a bit of a hoarder, too. Bunch of stuff stacked up all over. Anyway, l gave the Alpine a once over. For what I could see it seems to be pretty straight. I did not see any bubbly rust or anything, except for the paint bubbling on the hood, couldn't tell if it was from a poor paint job, or excessive heat under the hood. Rockers, doors and lower quarters looked solid. It had wire wheels and a luggage rack. The tag was current, but based on the look of the tires, it probably hadn't been moved in a while. I'll guess I'll stop by from time to time, just to see if I can find anybody home.