• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Save the date! Sunbeam Invasion/SOS Columbia, SC April 5+6, 2019

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Here are the latest updates
Early registration for the British car show ends on March 24th. Save $10 by registering early versus paying on the day at the gate. http://www.bccmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Ed-CBC-XIII-2019-Registration-1.pdf
Also the block of low cost rooms at the host hotel expires on March 4th!

Schedule for the Invasion/SOS
Friday April 5th-Everything is centered around the host hotel. All day Sunbeam parts swap in the hospitality suite starting at 9 AM. Lunch will be served at noon. At 2 PM there will be a V-6 conversion and power steering tech session and a Sunbeam steering wheel restoration tech session. There will be local drives, Sunbeam talk in the parking lot, and then a drive to our favorite local BBQ for a pay as you go buffet around 6 PM.
Saturday March 24-8:45 AM -leave for the British car show. Registration and parking for the show is from 9 AM until 11 AM. Car show awards are at 3PM. The hotel hospitality suite will open after the car show ends. We will have a pay as you go dinner at 7 PM.

Any questions please ask!
Eric

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
ERic, What class are the Sunbeam with Ford V6's ?

Here are the classes on the Registration Sheet - Carolina British Classics XIII 2019 Car Classes:
01 - Healey
04 - Sprite & Midget
07 - Jaguar Early E Type and 120 up to 1975 09 - Jaguar all other 1975 to 2018
13 - Lotus
14 - MG T Series
15 - MGA
16 - MGB Chrome Bumpers 1962 through 1974
17 - MGB Rubber Bumpers 1975 through 1980
18 - MGB GT 1962 through 1974 USA Imports
19 - MGC – MGC GT
20 - Older Mini 1959 to 2000
21 - New BMW Mini 2000 to 2018
22 - Morgan
23 - Rover
24 - Rolls & Bentley
25 - Sunbeam Alpine
26 - Sunbeam Tiger
27 - Rare Rootes
28 - Triumph 2, 3, & 4
30 - Triumph 6, 7, & 8
33 - Triumph other
34 - Aston Martin
35 - Special & Modified:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Seems as if the # 35 would be any and all British Vehicles modified.... DOn't want that!

Sunbeam Modified would be more appropriate. ??

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
The popular vote classes are the same as last year.
The classes for Sunbeams are Alpine, Tiger, Rare Rootes , (for Imps, Hillmans, Harringtons, and Venizias), and Class 35- Special / Modified class for the dark side folks. I keep in touch with the car show registration folks and make sure cars are in the right classes. Just in case-if bringing a dark side car note that you want your car in the Special/Modified class.
Thanks, Eric

63alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Julie and I are booked at the hotel and will be driving our white Series 3 down from Charlotte on Friday.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
It will be great seeing you again Mark.
And today is the last day to get a low priced room at the host hotel!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Room booked for Thursday arrival. The Plan is to drive the Alpine, salty roads permitting. One month out and it is 9 degrees with salt everywhere!

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
Bill,
13 degrees and the snow mostly went away over night. I made my weekly trek to Cincinnati yesterday and even though the roads were dry and there was no snow on the roads there was a lot of salt on route 32. My dark red Malibu has grey sides. I remember the snow last year that came down in Virginia and W. Virginia the weekend of last years show in Columbia. We had the series 5 on the open trailer and it was grey when we arrived back in southern Ohio. Eric needs to make sure the weather is better than last year.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
You guys up North are still having a brutal winter and deserve a break soon! With the Invasion this year being two weeks later than last year's, I would expect some really nice days here for the show. Come on down! And good news is that the yellow pine pollen is getting ready to fall here soon so it will be all gone by next month. It can really make a mess of everything.....

65beam

Donation Time
You guys up North are still having a brutal winter and deserve a break soon! With the Invasion this year being two weeks later than last year's, I would expect some really nice days here for the show. Come on down! And good news is that the yellow pine pollen is getting ready to fall here soon so it will be all gone by next month. It can really make a mess of everything.....
We've had our room reservation for several months. Eric's one chore is to make sure IT DOESN'T RAIN THAT WEEKEND! I would have sent in our registration but we haven't decided which car we'll have with us.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, there is a legitimate case for hope. We had a change in weather yesterday. All the roads are freshly washed, dried and ready to go. I was beginning to wonder if winter was ever going to end. But I'm afraid to look at the forecast.

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
Lots of sayings here in the foot hill areas of Southern Ohio. The few inches of rain yesterday cleaned everything in this area. It washed a lot of the salt off the wife's SUV while it was parked in front of the house.

65beam

Donation Time
No Sunbeam required to attend! Just enthusiasm and a chance to meet up with other Rootes car owners. Seeing complete and running cars is the best motivation to get your car finished-and don't forget to bring spare parts to sell or trade at our all day Sunbeam swap meet on Friday at the hotel. See you there! Eric
I wonder if any Harringtons will be at the show?

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Rumor has it that there will be THREE Harringtons at the show! There has not been that many in one place on the East coast since the TEAE United in Covington, KY in 2006. Talk about rare Rootes......Eric