• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SAOCA ELECTIONS ARE OPEN (Now)!!!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
All offices are open for election!

Two (2) year terms beginning Jan 2018

Office Positions Open:

PRESIDENT: Candidate:
1. Jim Stone (Alpine 1789)

VICE PRESIDENT: Candidate (s):
1. James Smith (Alpine66) Note: Currently Secretary
2. Bruce Davis (phyrman)

SECRETARY: Candidate (s):
1. ?

TREASURER: Candidate:
1. Dan Richardson (DanR) Note: Currently Treasurer

MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR: Candidate:
1. ? Note: Greg Feist (Greggers) currently Membership Director

ATTENTION FELLOW MEMBERS, As you can see there are five elective positions that are up for your vote.

Our current President is asking for you as members of the very best Sunbeam Club to step forward and commit to an elective office for a term of two years. The SAOCA needs dedicated persons to perform the duties of our By-laws.

The current officers have reached out to others seeking their help and time is running out. WE have only a little over a Month till January 2018.

A transition time frame is always welcome.

We are doing our part for the SAOCA, now it is your time....

Thanks to all,

Last edited:

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I have always said that I would serve the club in some capacity after I retired, so it is time for me to step up to that commitment. I will help in any way I can and any way the membership wants...other than treasurer; I'd really suck at that one. Fortunately, it looks like Dan is willing to stay on there, so that isn't an issue.

Count me in for any of the open positions.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have always said that I would serve the club in some capacity after I retired, so it is time for me to step up to that commitment. I will help in any way I can and any way the membership wants...other than treasurer; I'd really suck at that one. Fortunately, it looks like Dan is willing to stay on there, so that isn't an issue.

Count me in for any of the open positions.

JIM FOR PRES!!!
Let Dan wear the orange jump suit.

Bill

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I fully support Jim for president. He is a longtime supporter of SAOC and is an active Sunbeam owner/driver.

from sunny South Dakota, Pete

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks guys! I appreciate the vote of confidence. If elected, I would be honored to serve as President of this club. It has given me so much over the last 18 years; I would be very happy to start to return the favor.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Jim!
You will give this club a boost by being the president.
Guess you will now have to come to the Invasion this Spring in Columbia, SC! Eric

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
So we are still looking for candidates for Secretary and Membership?
I'm assuming the orange suit comment was in jest. Dan has been a bulldog watching over the Club's money.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm assuming the orange suit comment was in jest. Dan has been a bulldog watching over the Club's money.
Yes and yes.

In a previous life, I was involved in environmental compliance. We often referred to the corporate dude who was responsible for environmental compliance as the designated felon.

A dab of gallows humor.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Might it be a Tribute!!

A dab of gallows humor, by Mr Bill:D

What else can be said....Thanks for the tribute,

DanR

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Request for consideration

I would politely ask this consideration so we could get this posted on the site for Member confirmation

Office Positions Open:

PRESIDENT: Candidate:
1.Jim Stone (Alpine 1789)

VICE PRESIDENT: Candidates:
1.James Smith (Alpine66) Note: Currently Secretary
2.Bruce Davis (phyrman)

SECRETARY: Candidates:
1.Bruce Davis (phyrman)
2.James Smith (Alpine66) Note: Currently Secretary

TREASURER: Candidate:
1.Dan Richardson (DanR) Note: Currently Treasurer

MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR: Candidate:
1.Tom Johnson

Greg, please correct me if I'm out of place on this.
Greg has accepted the bulk of the transition from the old site to the new one coming in and last I heard wasn't sure he could continue to do both. When this transition is complete, the Club will owe him a great deal of thanks. Same with past president Todd.

Gentlemen, Please consider this.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
The only reason I've put my name in is no one else has stepped up , I've held this position before and it seems to be the one that nobody wants to do.
I actually would rather not be the membership director, as like everyone else I've got a lot going on at this point in time. It saddens me that so many folks take full advantage of the club and all the information available from it but choose not to support or become involved with the workings of what they take advantage of.
That said, many hands lighten the load so how about some of Y'all, get involved.

Tom j

Alpine66

Donation Time
Thanks Tom for stepping up.
I'm out for secretary, up for VP but may consider the membership spot after Greg gets a moment to talk with me about it.

The only reason I've put my name in is no one else has stepped up , I've held this position before and it seems to be the one that nobody wants to do.
I actually would rather not be the membership director, as like everyone else I've got a lot going on at this point in time. It saddens me that so many folks take full advantage of the club and all the information available from it but choose not to support or become involved with the workings of what they take advantage of.
That said, many hands lighten the load so how about some of Y'all, get involved.

Tom j

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm sure Gregg has refined the membership position, possibly to a point where it's not anything like it was when he took over, my spreadsheet skills leave much to be desired. Just the condensing of donations makes what was a bi-weekly event into just one mad rush with occasional leftovers. That's huge, plus when you donate the avatar will automatically update on the new site, another leap for mankind. The addition of a calendar committee would also be a nice touch.
Everything is doable we just need to be pulling in the same direction, with more folks doing smaller tasks.
Don't you think that would work?

Tom j