• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S3 Gt V6 Rhd

Jim E

Donation Time
Bringing this to the top because had a couple folks ask for info on the car, which is on the first page of this post. Since this add was first posted I have completed the hardtop also have a set of bumpers for the car which I will install here shortly. I am also looking at doing a conversion to LHD if the buyer is interested in such a change.

Jim E

Donation Time
This car will be sold at auction by it's current owner, here in Columbia, SC in the not too distant future... couple weeks I believe, will post the date and a link if there is one. The current owner is my good for nothing [just kidding] brother in law. He has installed new tires and believe it or not a 600 CFM holley and he says it really woke the car up... go figure I always thought that would be way to much carb for it, perhaps with the cam and head work it can actually use the flow. I was thinking about this car the other day and it came to me I never set the rev limiter above 6200 RPM and he does not know it has one. I would have to talk to Jose about it but would think it could easy spin to 7k. Anyway I just wanted to bring this to the top so if anyone is in the market they would know about it, would like to see this car back in the hands of someone who appreciates this sort of thing.

Jim E

Donation Time
Just thought of something on the big 600 CFM vacuum secondary he put on it..... bet it is running on primary's only as it does not make enough vacuum to open the secondary's with a stock spring .. makes sense now

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

The little 2.8 V6 will safely rev to 7K without a problem. I used to shift both of mine at 7K all the time, especially when I was drag racing it.

Jose

This car will be sold at auction by it's current owner, here in Columbia, SC in the not too distant future... couple weeks I believe, will post the date and a link if there is one. The current owner is my good for nothing [just kidding] brother in law. He has installed new tires and believe it or not a 600 CFM holley and he says it really woke the car up... go figure I always thought that would be way to much carb for it, perhaps with the cam and head work it can actually use the flow. I was thinking about this car the other day and it came to me I never set the rev limiter above 6200 RPM and he does not know it has one. I would have to talk to Jose about it but would think it could easy spin to 7k. Anyway I just wanted to bring this to the top so if anyone is in the market they would know about it, would like to see this car back in the hands of someone who appreciates this sort of thing.

Jim E

Donation Time
Jose,
and I am guessing you did not have a rev limiter on it and spun it past 7k on occasion.

What do you think about the 600? my guess is he is never getting out of the primaries. The 390 had set for so long it was needing a rebuild and he just swapped the 600 on it.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

I agree with you. I think the secondaries aren´t opening, because 600 cfm would be way too much for the little V6. There just isn´t enough displacement to make it carburete properly.

Jose

p.s. I didn´t have a rev limiter either.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
a 600 CFM holley and he says it really woke the car up.
I am having a hard time trying to imagine that car 'woken up'. I drove it in your original Vader configuration and it scared the crap out of me then.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I might be getting Vader back............. calling now to make the deal

Good luck with that Jim. There could be no better way for the Alpine community to start the new year than with you fully back in the fold!