• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S2 soft top frame

beamertwo

Donation Time
I am in the process of repairing the soft top frame on my Series 2 Alpine and have a couple of questions. Firstly, are the side (folding) rails straight, or do they have have slight "kinks" in them - mine do, but I'm not sure if this is due to nearly 60 years of use and abuse. Secondly, the countersunk rivets that hold the frame together are worn and in some places no longer hold the frame together. Are these, or a substitute (threaded with a nut, perhaps) available? Thanks in advance for the help.

beamertwo

Donation Time
Tom, thanks for the response. I had a look at the photos and it's a little hard to tell - it looks like there may be a slight kink...
Can someone out there with a series 2 check?
Rick

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Is this what you need?
RIMG1551-XL.jpg

RIMG1550-XL.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
Im guessing he wants the elevation of the 2 pivoting bows. There nis a kink im them that leans towards the rear