• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S2 Parts for sale

mxp01

Platinum Level Sponsor
DanR, I do have them. Clamping down my top last weekend one of them broke. Must of had a crack in it.

Thistle Grey

Donation Time
Sorry, no jack. I have been keeping an eye out for one myself, $50 seems a bit steep for the ones that show up on eBay, but then again my car isn't a driver yet, I might feel differently once I am out of the garage!

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Personally, I feel $50 is a good price for an original jack. If originality is important to you, hopefully you already have the original short spanner handle with the correct casting marks. The handle is much harder to find than the jack.

Mark ..... volvoguys

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Personally, I feel $50 is a good price for an original jack. If originality is important to you, hopefully you already have the original short spanner handle with the correct casting marks. The handle is much harder to find than the jack.

Mark ..... volvoguys

Just curious, what are the correct casting marks?

One of the handles in my S1 says 3/4 A/F and has something like rubber around the end.

If the other had marks they are long gone.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Allan,

The 3/4 A/f is just right. Check the other side of the socket head and it should be cast PENNANT. There were no rubber grips.

Take care, Mark

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Was PENNANT cast on jack handles across all series or just the earlier ones? I am looking at a jack handle I have (I have a series V) and it does not appear anything is cast on the socket. The casting might have been lost due to corrosion over the years. However, it may be that the handle is not original to my series V.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• 20150103-001 jack handle.jpg
    20150103-001 jack handle.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 28

Lutz Hamburg

Donation Time
chrome parts for Series II Hardtop wanted

Hi there,
I just finished the restoration of my Series II Alpine from early 1962.
Now I will restore the original Hardtop. Unfortunately some parts are missing:

-> Body Fittings - Serie I and II: Plate E - Section YV

No. 209 / E209: 2201471 Locking Bolt (2 x)

No. 227 / E227: 2201472 Moulding (R.H.) Cantrail
.......................2201473 Moulding (L.H.) Cantrail

No. 228 / E228: 2201478 Moulding (R.H.) Rear Quater and Tonneau

No. 229 / E229: 2201478 Moulding (L.H.) Rear Quater and Tonneau

No. 230 / E230: 2201480 Moulding - Center

No. 231 / E231: 2201534 Corner – Finisher (R.H.)

.......................2201535 Corner – Finisher (L.H.)

No. 224 / E224: 2201444 Moulding Lower Backlight

No. 225 / E225: 2201443 Moulding Upper Backlight

No. 226 / E226: 2201463 Cover Plate Backlight Moulding (2 x)

It would be very kind, if you can help me.

Best wishes

Lutz

matts63

Donation Time
Parts for sale

Barry, I was looking through the parts for sale and saw your post,just wondering if you have any 13in. Wire wheels with good centers? I know this post is old, but am having a tough time finding a good set, mine are worn out and rebuilding seems like what I'm looking at.

Lutz Hamburg

Donation Time
Steering Wheel

Hi Barry,
I was looking through the parts for sale and saw your post.
I know this post is old, but who do not ask get no answer ;-)
I am looking for a stern wheel for my Series 2 Sunbeam Alpine.
Can you offer me one?

Best regards

Lutz