• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S2 - Front Grille ideas?

loose_electron

Donation Time
Am debating the next project for the car.

The front grille is original, and has not been re-chromed.

Yet.

Other than taking it all off, cleaning and re-chroming, I am toying with the idea of maybe replacing it with a mesh grille or something like that.

Curiosity question: What have people done for a non-original grille replacement?

Pictures and ideas please!

Thanks,
Jerry

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jerry,
. if you do a thread search there are a few guys who have posted images of mesh grills they have done, also egg crate stryle like optional harrington grill and a denser mesh per mkii tiger.

Some also fit the later series iv-v style grill

65beam

Donation Time
This is the Harrington grill. I had this one cut down so it sets back farther in the opening and a Tiger door moulding was used to make a lower grill finisher.110_0725.JPG

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Our club Secty (Bruce)has made a grille that is nice. I bought one for a project car.

His Forum Handle is: phyrman