• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S1 Alpine parting out

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
The Parts manual sometimes helps identify when parts were the same or different across series.
http://sunbeamalpine.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Alpine-parts-manual-SI-SV-searchable.pdf

There is a series 1 & 2 radiator section "T" (page 212).
Maybe the hose connection sizes differ across series 1 & 2?
Different expansion tanks.

The Sunbeam Specialties catalog shows different hoses used.

upload_2020-3-24_16-39-21.png

I'm sure someone will know the real differences.

Do you still have the series 2 expansion tank?

Mike

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
Yes they are different....exactly correct as you said, the outlets are different. I think the original expansion tank is still good. I will double check. Do you have a series 2 expansion tank? Also need a radiator for my series 5 1725 car. Needing recore is ok . Can go aluminum but not a big fan of them and always fussy to fit due to sloppy build quality. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
IMG_3444.JPG IMG_3445.JPG Series 1 rear axle, wire wheel hubs, 4:11 gears. $150 OBO pickup only. also have a set of NOS front knee action shocks S1 -2 with replacement link arms. The Kalvinator fender cover is a rare item in good shape, perfect for that Nash metro (For something completely different).IMG_2381.JPG IMG_2378.JPG

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
The only items I have left are the rear section if you wanted to convert S3-5 qtrs. The pcs has the gas filler feature with the trunk. Can send pics.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
50F663CE-26F4-47BA-80F8-548EEB09F2A0.jpeg 9927646D-2815-4D33-A0BE-6C7558AB46D6.jpeg C8DDE88F-FA0B-48D2-95A9-15B10E61CBB8.jpeg The last sheetmetal I have from the S1 parts car. Still have other items which will be @SUNI 7 next month.