• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S-III Threaded Wishbone Bushes

P

podge

I'm rebuilding the front suspension of my SIII and have hit a problem fiiting the threaded link bushes. Mine were worn down to virtually a 1/4in on one side (the one that had lost its :mad: grease nipple) with a terrible clonks over the smallest bump. I've had all the parts powder coated and managed to find new upper and lower link threaded bars and bushes. Of course the workshop manual states using a workshop press and Churchill tool RG318 (if they were still in business they'd make a fortune!). I've manged to get one side in about 1/2in by the very slow process of squeezing up one side at a time in a vice. I would be very grateful if anyone out there had any tips on how to improvise tools to get the blighters in. I wish now I'd bought the scrap SIV front end I saw on ebay - all those easy to fit rubber bushes!

Brian, West London
63 SIII ST
61 Mk2 Jag
67 MGBGT