• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rusty le mans

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Hi John,
It has the same profile according to the Parts List.
Jan

Prifile may be the same, but the locking strip is different. The SI/SII HT seal has a small slit for the chrome trim to lock into. The Harrington seal has a larger grove for the locking strip to fit into. the locking strip expands the rubber to seal it to the glass and top.

I don't rememebr if the early HT seal has the large locking strip in addition to the chrome window surround. I thought the chrome surround also acted as the lock. I have not looked at an early top in a long time now.

napa 1

Donation Time
The early hardtop seal does have the locking strip, and yes, it does have a groove that the stainless trim is supposed to fit in. And as someone who just restored an early hardtop, I can tell you this is easier said than done!

I agree Ian, I'm completely sold on these Harringtons, and as you might be able to tell by my rather loud signature picture below, especially the Le Mans....and I haven't even started my restoration yet!

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Yah... I like that signature icon. Nice graphic! Just wait until that LeMans is finished. There will be some outstanding Harringtons running around in the USA.

I wish I was still working because I would be buying Victoria's car. Maybe Scott, Jan and I should all go together and get it.:rolleyes:

65beam

Donation Time
harrington

ian,

bruney's harrington was taken apart and detailed when scott woerth bought it. it also was repainted when doc got rear ended many years ago.if you look where the top sets over the rear valance, you will find where it was repaired and the gap between the valance and top was filled and moulded in. scott did an excellent job on it.especially the interior.