• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rust weevils

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Boy, are they pulling out all the junked ones now. Pretty soon, this is all we will see, all rusted out junk.

65beam

Donation Time
rust

i've seen rusty cars before but never one with the bonnet rusted like this.makes you wonder where this car was buried and for how long? is that duck tape hanging from the rockers?

alpine_64

Donation Time
im going with: for $200 you get the hardtop.. and while it mught be rusted as well it does have all the hard to find HT trim bits. Combine that with a few other things you can salvage from the car and its worth it. As i've said.. if only we had cheap parts cars here in AU.. :(

mikephillips

Donation Time
I was given one once that had been sitting in a field for a dozen or so years. The floors and trunk were gone, the doors were rusted off about 1/3 of the way up, as in gone rusted off. The hood folded in several places when I put it up. Ended up that I salvaged a decent set of glass, a Roote replacement engine and a few odds and ends. The rest went to the crusher.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Speaking of salvage and rust weevils, does anyone know what was salvaged from the rusty Tiger that was auctioned off at Invasion I? That one was at least as rusty as this example.

Bill

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
How can anything be that rusty? I grew up on the east coast of Florida, the rust capitol of the world, and have never seen anything like that hood. YUK!

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
There are a few junkyards in Lemont, they are along the banks of the "Cal-Sag" river.
If I were to drop a Rolex into that water, I think I'd call my insurance before I stuck my hand in to try and find the watch!
The thing I can't figure out is, why this car doesn't come up in my standard ebay search.
I log onto ebay motors, and have sunbeam as my searchword.
Only when I went to ebay home (all categories) and used sunbeam, clicked the "titles and description" box, did it come up.
Bad thing is, you get like 7000 items that way.(Toasters, blenders, all the crap)
Strange thing is, when you use the link in this post, it shows at the top the category breakdown and it includes ebay motors, as well as the usual sub-categories.
While going through all this I found a "Proper" Alpine in Iowa someone is looking to get at least $80,000.00 for, no top and K-mart air cleaner and all!
Also a Tiger apinted sort of a candy orange. Neither of these show up under my normal search. Makes me wonder how much more money I could have spent over the last few years!
If anyone has an idea of how to refine my search so that these things come up without all the toasters and wiring diagrams that come up, please enlighten me.

Wombat

Donation Time
The item title was spelt SUMBEAM. I also was wondering why it didn't show up with the usual "sunbeam" search.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Regaurdless, there were several other cars/items that came up under less specific search terms yet they all seemed to have the same category breakdown s.
Wierd!

burgy711

Donation Time
So, this post has now gone sideways.........

Jeff..... in the advance search do something like this.....

(Sunbeam, Rootes, Lucus) -bulbs -Mosquito -t-shirt -diagram -Jaguar

That way you can search sunbeam, rootes, lucas and not things like bulbs, etc etc etc.........

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Forum,

I really hate seeing vehicles in this state of dis-repair :( . An uncaring previous owner should be whiped! They should never get to that stage.

Regards, Robin.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Well, it's mine.
I wonder if I should start ordering parts for it?
Actually I wonder if I can just take the pieces I want and leave the rest!
Anyone need anything?

burgy711

Donation Time
Well, it's mine.
I wonder if I should start ordering parts for it?
Actually I wonder if I can just take the pieces I want and leave the rest!
Anyone need anything?

Did you mean...... I wonder if can just take the pieces I want and leave the RUST??????