• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rounded versus square corner boot lid

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi,

Other than the corners of the boot lid, are there other differences between the early series and the later series? I'm looking at the number of dents in my early series boot lid and am wondering if just getting a replacement boot lid is advisable. I think I can get access to a late series (square corner) boot lid and am wondering how involved cutting the corners to round and reinforcing would be in addition to any other differences there may be.

Thanks
Rick

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Rick,
They're basically the same ( Series 3-V) Making a round corner out of a square corned lid
is much easier than making a square out of a round corner. Just use your dented one as a pattern.

You basically cut the square off and weld the edge.

Cheers & Happy New Year!
Steve