• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Round Corner (?) 67' SV for sale

alpine_64

Donation Time
Appears a SV, later body one with all square corner openings.. But they used a round bonnet and boot, maybe through damage or rust they used what they had. Its obviously a personalised car.. But as Jim said appears well done...so strange not to have resolved that detail.

65beam

Donation Time
They had to put a lot of time and effort into building the car but could have done better on the panel gaps. The floors have been replaced with flat sheets of metal. The panels fit so how could they not be right. There aren't that many Sunbeams around so the odds are that the shop that did the repairs had no knowledge of what was correct and possibly the same was true of the owner that had the repairs done. The use of what's available could be due to how much could they afford to spend. That brings on limitations to what can be done. I have one of our Beams in a shop at this time and the labor rate is $90.00 per hour. That adds up quick. At least the car is on the road.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, an owner/shop that is out of the Alpine loop (very easy to do if your not online) is at a severe disadvantage. Assuming that is the case, I think they did a great job.

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
Yes, an owner/shop that is out of the Alpine loop (very easy to do if your not online) is at a severe disadvantage. Assuming that is the case, I think they did a great job.

Bill
You're right . Jean and I travel around a lot with our cars and I couldn't begin to count the number of folks we've met that have no idea this forum or others exist. There are a lot of folks on line asking questions. Many have turned to Facebook for info instead of forums of the various clubs. There 's a tremendous amount of activity on Facebook versus the club sites. I watch probably close to 60 different face book pages every day concerning Rootes vehicles and there is lots of info but some don't want to use these pages. My question is this. WHY??? There are folks in agreement and there are folks that disagree but you don't get deleted. This club's facebook page went for months without any activity while other clubs such as TE/AE have facebook pages that are going every day with a lot of info out there but the forum doesn't have much activity. Just the facts.

Last edited:

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
When I got my 67, it was the same way. Not knowing any better, I had the car painted that way. Then after putting everything together, I discovered that it was incorrect. Bothered me a lot, so had to find a new boot to do it correctly. As you say though, if you didn't know any better...……………………. 15.png
78.JPG

2015-5-17-2.jpg