• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rootes Service Sign

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
for sale in Snohomish Washington at the Black Cat Antiques. Very large, outside, two sided. They want $1300 for it, seems like a lot but these things seem to be climbing. Yellow, advertising the Minx line of cars. Will try to post a photo a bit later when I figure how to do it. Posted for who ever might be interested.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Pacific Tiger Club had a road tour late last Fall - "Last Rash Dash Splash" - that ended at Black Cat Antiques. Besides the sign, there was a pre-Rootes Singer roadster for sale inside.

The sign is in good condition for its age. It's one of those heavy-duty metal jobs that a couple of stray bullets couldn't kill and just gave it 'character' instead. From the design and colors I'm guessing it dates to between 1949-55, when similar world globes appeared in Rootes' print advertising as they touted their expanding worldwide dealer and parts network. "Export or Die!" as they used to say in post-war England. The Minx lettering is of the type used on post-war Minx' thru the Series I in 1957.

The shop owner's son, who bought himself a Series V Alpine last summer at the Western Washington ABFM, told our group there is a little bit of wiggle room in the price.

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Forum,

All of the old oil company signage, oil bottles, etc from the days where you could call them 'service stations' are fetching very high prices. Alot of people seem to want the stuff and pay good money for it too. So it's not uncommon to see such high prices.

Regards, Robin.