• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rootes collection for sale..

rootesrefuge

Donation Time
AS OF 8/1, ALL OF THE VEHICLES ARE SOLD. IF THAT CHANGES I'LL EDIT THIS AGAIN. THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR YOUR INTEREST!!!

I've decided that if I ever want to get out of Nebraska, I have to lighten my load. And considering that load includes 30-odd years of Rootes stuff, I figure some of you folks might be interested.

I'm keeping my Alpine, that's my forever car. On the block are the following (all running and driveable, but I wouldn't drive the Funwagon cross country without new tires):

1961 Humber Super Snipe sedan - Incredibly solid car, runs great, never been repainted. THE most solid Humber I've ever had. I've updated the electrics, the brakes, and wheels & tires. Only complication is it will be on a bill of sale, but title companies in Hemmings can help with that. Needs interior work, and could use paint.

1967 Sunbeam Arrow wagon - uprated rebuilt engine with custom EFI system, 69 Alpine GT dash, drivetrain, and dual circuit brakes. Has been my daily driver for a few years now, needs minor rust repair and paint & interior work.

1967 Sunbeam Funwagon camper - Brought it to a couple of BASHs and TE/AE Uniteds, but it's going to be too hard to bring it across country for the second time. Engine has been rebuilt, has a Ford rear axle with a better ratio for highway use. Cruises happily at 65mph. Interior is mostly gutted as I was in the process of replacing some of the wood in the rear body structure.

Any one of these three I could walk out the door right now and start up and drive. They need work, of course, but they're great vehicles. More information is available on any of them, I have pics but didn't want to overload the post. If you're interested, I can send them or find a spot to post them online. Pics of the Humber and the Arrow are also on the "hillmancars" Yahoo group.

Resale value for non Tiger/Alpine cars isn't a strong point. I have way more money invested in each of these, but as long as I know they're going to be enjoyed, I'll take $1500 each.

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE
rootes@cox.net

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Jon wrote me, all sold to a buyer (Rootes Collector) in Iowa. Just wonder who that buyer is. Robert