• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Roll Bar

mototron

Donation Time
Thanks , I have an auto power bar in my race car
It was to low and I had to raise 2 inches to be effective

whoizrob

Donation Time
Try talking to them?

I talked to the autopower folks and told them that I would rather have welded rear braces than bolt ons and they said they could do that free of charge. If you really wanted an extra 2" they may accommodate that as well. Most bars are made to order anyway...

Rob

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Had one

My car had holes for one when I got it. I watched the usual spots and found one in California for 400 bucks. A fellow club member nearby picked it up for me,he took it to his fab guy and had 2 others made one for him and one for my other pal. The fab guy charged 300 each. I paid a little more but my pals got a duplicate of the Autopower bar for 300 ea.

The best part is the holes were exactly the same in the car as in the Autopower bar which was sent by Greyhound from Central Cali.

Speaking of height I am under 6' and feel too tall and have to slouch in the car, wish the stock seats could be easily lowered.

alpine_64

Donation Time
My car had holes for one when I got it. I watched the usual spots and found one in California for 400 bucks. A fellow club member nearby picked it up for me,he took it to his fab guy and had 2 others made one for him and one for my other pal. The fab guy charged 300 each. I paid a little more but my pals got a duplicate of the Autopower bar for 300 ea.

The best part is the holes were exactly the same in the car as in the Autopower bar which was sent by Greyhound from Central Cali.

Speaking of height I am under 6' and feel too tall and have to slouch in the car, wish the stock seats could be easily lowered.

The seats have a cross bar under them with rubber pads, the bar hinges and raises/lowers the seta about an inch, make sure you have it folded up and it will lower the seats

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
[QUOTE My car had holes for one when I got it. I watched the usual spots and found one in California for 400 bucks. A fellow club member nearby picked it up for me,he took it to his fab guy and had 2 others made one for him and one for my other pal. The fab guy charged 300 each. I paid a little more but my pals got a duplicate of the Autopower bar for 300 ea. QUOTE]

Does the fab guy still have the measurements and could he make another one?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Please ask Cobrakidz

My Tiger buddy on CAT was the guy responsible for this project. He was kind enough to pick up the Autopower bar from seller a Craigslist advertiser get it duplicated. He is great it was good for all of us, contact him thru their list or pm me and I will share his e mail.
He is in Folsom.
The city not the prison......
Both he and Leepear on that forum are my buds and have their bars sitting in their Que of to do list parts to bolt on their cars.
Cobrakidz is in shipping biz and probably will not see any rest till after holidays.

Leepear is in Moreno Valley in Cali. 1 hr. from me.
It seems all one needs is a competent shop and a model and one can save from the retail tax and shipping 700 plus from Autopower.
Mine got bolted in the first weekend,
Hope this helps.