• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

"rocker" covers

dmich2

Donation Time
In the old Forum a member was looking for a set of these. At this posting they are up to $46.00, American. One drawback though. Looks like the seller will only sell to someone in Great Britian. That happened to me on a few I tried to bid on. Maybe someone could email the seller and see if they would sell to the USA. Or have an English Forum memebr bid on them and work out the shipping....:cool:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-V6-finne...2QQihZ008QQcategoryZ21654QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good hunting,
Dennis

Alan F

Donation Time
Dennis,

Thanks for the lead. I'll contact the seller and see what he says. It doesn't say they are for a 2.8

Alan

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Actually, they came on the fuel injected 2.8 V6. I believe he was listing other engines that they would fit too.

Jose

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Not sure on the 2.3 (always thought it was a cologne derivative), but the 3.0 is an essex motor, which is not the same engine family as the 2.6/2.8/2.9/4.0.

dmich2

Donation Time
They sure look like the ones I got for my 2.8. They have that one filled in hole on the lower lip. Let me know if you find out differently.

Dennis

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Jarrid,

Some of the Rangers came with a Cologne based 3.0 V6, which was fuel injected. These rockers will fit the Cologne 2.8, because they came from the factory with them. They were only provided on the Euro spec 2.8 V6 though.

The Cologne derivitive engines were the 2.6, 2.8, 2.9, 3.0 and 4.0. I think there was an even smaller version, but I'm not sure.

Jim Ellis has a set of these on his V6 Alpine, along with another 2 or three cars.

Jose

Jim E

Donation Time
Yes those are the covers I have, or one of the versions of the UK cover. There are a couple differnet ones but the differences are minor. One type has a small nipple where you would think the PCV valve would be and the other has a hole for a PCV valve. Then there is the 2.8 version and the 2.9 version, 2.9 version has an extra bolt hole this makes no never mind they will still fit just fine [oh and the version with the hole for a PCV is the 2.9] the gasket will cover the unused hole or you can goop some sealer on it.
I have bought several sets of these over the last few years out off the UK, once the seller a very nice fellow [or would that be bloke] said no shipping to the US in his auction, I emailed and the guy told me he was coming to the US shortly and would bring them. he ends up finding me two more sets and brings all three sets in his carry on then mails them to me from the west coast.

oh no I am babbling... sorry sorry...

will post a picture of my engine with a set of these rockers shortly

Jim E

Donation Time
IMG_2027.JPG

e930_1.JPG

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Jarrid,

Some of the Rangers came with a Cologne based 3.0 V6, which was fuel injected. These rockers will fit the Cologne 2.8, because they came from the factory with them. They were only provided on the Euro spec 2.8 V6 though.

The Cologne derivitive engines were the 2.6, 2.8, 2.9, 3.0 and 4.0. I think there was an even smaller version, but I'm not sure.

Jim Ellis has a set of these on his V6 Alpine, along with another 2 or three cars.

Jose

No, the ranger/aerostar 3.0 engines are NOT cologne engines, they are a yet entirely different engine family, which came from the ford tourus line.

These engines are easily identified by the fact that they use stamped rocker arms on single bolt pivots, as opposed to the cologne and essex engines which have rocker shaft valve gear.

I am not aware of any cologne based engines ever offered in 3.0 liters.

The point I was making is that the owner is from the UK, where the esex engine is rather popular, and since he mentioned 3.0, which is a valid essex displacement, it might well be for an essex engine.

Someone really needs to be critical of the picture of the mounting holes on those covers, compared to a known 2.8 cover.

If it is in fact for a cologne engine, the seller has no clue what the application is.

Jim E

Donation Time
The seller may not know his butt from a hole in the ground but I am here to tell you those rocker covers will fit the 2.8 we use for the conversion. No question.

bluoval

Donation Time
won the auction

thanks to all on this post emailed the seller about shipment to the us said he would so placed a bid and won ,, gee been looking for about a year and have not seen l listing feel lucky to have spotted the post thanks again , on another note vb sent out a winter special cat and in it there is a listing for mg midget sunvisors , has anyone adapted these to an alpine??? look to be about the same size. thanks earl bluoval